I changed my font at Lily Puff

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Homemaker...PSH!

I really enjoy home making. I love to cook, bake and clean. I used to imagine myself playing with my baby while the cookies are in the oven, or while dinner was cooking on the stove. I used to imagine doing the dishes while my baby took a nap, and keeping the house picked up. Keeping our home organized and uncluttered, because we only have a one bedroom, it needs to stay picked up.

Yes, I used to imagine how perfect it would be to be a home maker.

And then I had a baby. Now, all that home making has pretty much gone out the window. I love playing with Will. He is just my little knight in shining armor. But, when he goes down for a nap, there is no picking up the house, there is laying down and hoping my headache goes away. Dinner, ha. Yeah, I cook it...but it takes a LOT of effort. Cookies...yeah, you can forget that, unless Andy has done the dishes and I have counter space. Keeping the house organized....right, my 4 month old has TAKEN OVER my house. It's SO unorganized.

Needless to say, I was a better home maker before I had a baby.

4 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

That was fine - when you were just a homemaker. Now that you are a mother, the 2 duties do sometimes collide - unless you are Super Mom, and they are few and far between, and generally the only thing that makes them "Super Moms" is their own insecurities and their obsessive compulsive disorders that they force upon the rest of their family!

Pick your battle!!!!!

Laura said...

It only gets worse once thay can crawl and pull themselves up. Then, if you even attempt to clean up a mess, they're off making another one. It's all good! My mom always said, "There will always be dishes to wash and laundry to do, but there won't always be a baby to hold or play with." I try to keep that in mind when I get overwhelmed with my messy home.

Becca Jane said...

Tell me about it....it's a struggle I've had since the day Cam was born!! I'll let you know if I ever figure it out!! :) All I can say is that I think it's always the right choice to put your children first! (Hence my house always looking like crap!!)

Nikki said...

Although it drove me crazy when the boys were little to have a messy house; looking back I'm glad I spent more time "being Mom" than the homemaker. I always made sure the house was sanitary, and let the mess and clutter remain ~ heck it still remains :D