I changed my font at Lily Puff

Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Hunger Games

So, as most of you know, I'm a reading fiend. Yes, fiend.

My great friend/godmother (if we did that kinda thing) to my son, Raquel knows I love to read. She loaned this brand new book she had just bought on Amazon. It was called the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. She had not yet read it, but somehow she knew I needed something new to read. (Seeing as I keep reading the Outlander series over and over and over and over...well you get the picture.) Well, I will say, when she told me what it was about, I was a little skeptical. But, I started reading it while we were still hanging out at their place. *I love that I can go over there, Andy and Matt can play Mario Cart, Will sleeps, and me and Raquel do our own thing and still love being together!* I read the first 30 pages or something, but it was slow going and I didn't pick it up again for a few weeks. Instead, I picked up Dragonfly in Amber, the 3rd book in the Outlander Series. Then, I got tired of reading it, and picked up The Hunger Games again...and I couln't put it down! It is one of the best books I have read! I love it. I couldn't believe the ending! I can't wait for the next one to hit the shelves. It's called Catching Fire. Such a good book. It's slow at first, but once you get past the first 50 or so pages, you won't be able to put it down! So, I am telling you all to go pick it up.

*side note: Andy's parents left for Europe today, for an ENTIRE MONTH. Yeah, I'm jealous. I hope they don't get pick pocketed by Gypsies. That's the story I want to tell when I go to Eroupe one day.

1 comment:

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

I am so glad you liked it. I forgot I loaned it to you and I am so glad you found time to read it. I love that we can all just do nothng together as well and it's great!