I changed my font at Lily Puff

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Poopy boy!

We started Will on rice cereal and he LOVED it. He even tries to put the spoon in his mouth all by himself. So, I decided after about two weeks that we would try oatmeal. He loves that even more. Although, I am not the biggest fan because it makes him constipated. I had tried everything...massaging his belly, doing the bicycle with his legs, giving him fruit. He didn't enjoy the fruit in his oatmeal though. Then, I talked to my Andy's sister, Nikki. She said, "Give him grape juice." What? grape juice? Really? So, I did. And about 30 minutes after he drank it, he pooped. YAY! I have never been so excited about poop before in my life! Well, just to be on the safe side, I gave him a little more the next day. He's pooped 3 times since MIDNIGHT. What the heck?! I am SO tired of poopy diapers. THEY STINK! But, it was so worth it! Little guys being constipated is not fun for mom or baby!

So, hallelujah for grape juice!

2 comments:

Becca Jane said...

So is he still on cereal? Poor poopy Will. It's amazing how much can come out of such a little person, huh!

Nickessa said...

You can also give him prunes if he is constipated and it's less sugary than juice....just buy a little baby jar and it'll take care of it.