I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, July 10, 2009

Vacaction

Hello All! I just wanted to post a little about our fun vacation we had in Georgia this past week. We left on Thursday July 2nd around 4pm...making us arrive back east at 11pm...bad idea. Apparently, Will adjusted to the time change mid-flight and was ready for bed by the time we got off the plane. My mom and David picked us up, and we got in the truck to head home. Only, we sat in traffic for about 30 minutes. Only in Atlanta could you get stuck in traffic at 11:30 at night. Surprisingly, Will did really well in the traffic. As soon as the car started moving, he screamed. So, we stopped at The Varsity in Gwinnett to feed the little bugger and change his bum, when the cops showed up. Don't worry, he was just checking to see if everything was ok, seeing as we were in a vacant Varsity parking lot. Friday morning, we took our sweet time waking up. (it was a LONG night) In Georgia, they have this restruant called Zaxby's. They sell chicken and wings and all sorts of yummy goodness. Since they don't have them here at home, we HAVE to have it everytime we go there. Big Andy, me, Will, Bubba and little Andy went to eat at Zaxby's before we all got hair cuts. It was SO good. I can still taste it in my mouth. We all got hair cuts. Then it was time to head to the pool. In GA, just about ALL the neighborhoods have pools and tennis courts. Wow, what a concept, huh? My dad's neighborhood has the best kinda pool, too. It's all salt water based, so you don't have to destroy your skin in the chlorine. I was so excited! I am a pool rat for sure. We had lots of fun wrestling with my brothers. It was great. Then we had burgers for dinner and went to Starbucks to get coffee. Andy and I got shakes. Then, we pulled off the side of the road and watched an awesome fireworks show. Saturday was the 4th, so we spent the day at the pool with my dad, had hotdogs for lunch, then went to my mom's for the night. We had yummy steak and watched Big Andy and Bubba do the fireworks. I also got to take a ride on David's motorcycle. He drives a Harley. Andy and I will get one of those one day :) Sunday, we woke up early to head to Mt. Holly, NC. We went to visit my Aunts and Uncles there AND most importantly, my Mamaw. She's my great-grandma! That means, at this very moment, there are FIVE generations of Mullis' living on the earth. She's got Alizhiemers, so she doesn't really remember anything, but boy is she funny. You guys should have seen her when she went to give Andy a hug. She loves him! Monday, we saw my grandparents on my dad's side. Went to the pool and had Jumbalia. My step-mom, Angela is from Baton Rouge. So, she has a cool accent and makes jumbalia. We also had family pictures with my mom. Ms. Deborah took them and they turned out SO cute. Will is like a baby model! It was so fun! Andy had to go home that night :( My dad took him to The Varsity (he really wanted to eat it, but when we went the night we got there, it was closed) and then he was back home to work and school. I did surprisingly well without him...although I missed him a lot! Tuesday was rainy, so we went to the mall and then to dinner at my grandma smith's. She made chicken pot pie. YUM! Wedsnday we hung out with my mom and then went to dinner and the park in Suwanee. SO FUN! Thursday, I had to leave and while it was sad, I was ready to be home and Will was REALLY ready to be home.

So, here we sit, watching Mike and Juliet, and will is playing in his exersaucer. We're tan and look great. And we're just gonna relax today. At least, until we go see Andy's parents tonight. They just got back from Europe and I can't wait to see them!

Sorry for the long post, and if you've read this far, you must really love me :)

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your new family picture in your header! It's adorable!

ed and brooke said...

It sounds like you guys had sucha great time. I love going to the varsity when I'm in town. Can you believe I haven't been back in 6 years? My parents moved out to Bountiful a few years after I moved out and I haven't gone back since. I really miss it. I'm glad you were able to see family and friends though!

Erika said...

I must love you because I read the whole thing! Glad you guys had a good time and cute family photo. Will is huge, and I've never met him!

Dan and Lauren said...

Cool! Sounds like you had a fun trip in Georgia! I have never been there before, but it sounds great. Your family picture is so cute! Especially baby Will! :-)

Wendy said...

Yes, I did read the whole thing because I really love. I feel bad I didn't get to see you while you were here but it sounds like everyone kept you hopping. Glad you had such a good time. Sure love you sweetie.

Becca Jane said...

So are there any more pictures?? I want to see them all!