I changed my font at Lily Puff

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Enjoying some Peace and Quite...

Will just finished screaming his poor little lungs out for about 30 minutes. Poor bugger. I can't bring myself to let him cry straight out. I know it works for some people (BECCA, if only I could ignore it as well as you do!) Last night was miserable. We went to do laundry at Andy's parents, like we do every Saturday. But, after that, we had a fun going away party for our good friends Justin and Erica and their studly boy Parley. They are moving to Iowa for Podiatry School, and we'll miss hanging out with them. It was at Murray Park, and it was stinking hot as EVER! We stripped Will down to a diaper and let him roll around in the grass. He loves the grass. Well, we were so busy having fun, we didn't get home until around 9 that night. Will pretty much put himself on a schedule, I helped a little, but it was mostly him. He likes to be in bed between 730-815ish. Yeah, I know. Lucky right? Since we didn't get home until about 9, he was NOT a happy camper. He cried the entire way home. Then, he was out like a light. Sounds awesome huh? It would be, except for he woke up every hour and a half for the REST of the night. Finally, at about 6, I had decided I was done. When he woke up again about 630, I make Andy go in there. I was BEAT! Andy tried to get him to sleep for about 30 minutes, and when he wouldn't, they went outside for a little bit. Of course, I couldn't sleep well while he screamed, so when they went outside, I joined them. We came in about 730, and Will slept from 730-1030. I guess he was catching up on all that lost sleep. He got grump again around 1230, and he crashed. I couldn't bring myself to wake him for Church at 1, so I took a nap as well and we went to Church for the last hour. I needed that nap. Will usually goes to bed so well, but tonight he struggled again. I think once we can get him used to staying on his schedule while we are OUT, things will get better for the poor guy. Now, I can't bring myself to just let him scream and scream, but I have gotten used to going in and calming him down. I don't go right away...but I do go in. It's so amazing to me how different methods work for different people. There are so many days where I wish I could just let Will cry and he would get the hang of it quickly. We tried that for about a week. He cried HARD the entire time we let him cry and as soon as I stopped caring, he started doing exactly what I wanted. He's a lot like me that way, he'll come around on his own time.

So, here I sit, blogging, because I actually have the time. Listening to my neighbors play their piano and sing "Nearer To Thee." It's so calming after trying so hard to not stress out with a crying baby. Wishing Andy didn't have to write a paper so I could just talk with him. Today we talked about how we would love to just live off the land. It all started when we picked some beans from our garden today. I never gardened as a child. We planted flowers in the front yard. I never thought I would have such a green thumb! We want to own a lot of land and grow our own fruits and vegetables. I would love to have a couple chickens and rooster, to have our own eggs, horses and I would LOVE IT! I will grow up to be one of those ladies with a big straw hat and overalls, working in my garden. For me, besides having kids..well, for me A kid...and a wonderful husband who I work and love daily, there is no greater satisfaction then seeing the fruits of our labors and eating our own grown foods!

1 comment:

Becca Jane said...

I'm so sorry Will has had a rough couple of days. Sundays are ALWAYS hard on my kids...sleep-wise. Some babies aren't meant to cry it out...I have a few friends whose babies would cry so hard they would throw up. Obviously not the route for them to go!
You would have loved my house in Oregon I grew up in. We had a huge garden, fruit trees, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and our own Christmas trees! I miss that place!
Were we supposed to walk this morning? I woke up exhausted....sorry!!