I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, July 27, 2009

6 Months and a NEW cousin

Will is now 6 months old! I can't even believe it. He is just so BIG now...and if you don't believe me, I have some comparison pictures of Will and his cousins, Kenadie and Melanie.

Will is now a major pro at rolling over and spinning around. I just lay him on the floor and let him roll, pretty much until he hits a road block, then I just have him start over again. He loves it! He really loves to play outside, and I mean, who wouldn't, especially when there are no road blocks to hit when rolling? He now eats "big boy" food! So far he eats peaches, bananas, squash and prunes. This week I am going to go to the Sunflower Market to get some fresh, organic fruits and veggies to make Will some baby food. I have been making all his baby food, and it is SUCH a stress reliever. I have bought some baby food for Will, just he prunes...he was constipated. But, I have a HARD time buying baby food. I know the labels SAY it's just the fruit or veggie and water...but how can I REALLY know that? Plus, it's WAY cheaper to just make it myself. I mean, I wouldn't eat the baby food out of the jar, how can I expect Will to do the same? It is really easy and really fun! I use this site for all the information I need: www.wholesomebabyfood.com. Go to it and check it out!

Will still doesn't sit up on his own! We practice everyday, but he just flops over! By the looks of it, this kid will be crawling before he sits up :(

He still gets swaddled for naps and bedtime...we are TRYING to wean him of it...TRYING. We were using a Kiddopotomus Swaddle Me blanket. I highly recommend it. It velcros and really helped us when Will was colicy. But, he is no longer crying all the time, and he goes to bed and stays asleep...so I feel it is time to break this habit. We tried the one arm out thing...it didn't work as well as I would have hoped. So, we are now using blankets. We wrap them a little bit more loosely then we normally would. But, he's started rolling over in his swaddle, and that is just a hazzard! I am going to try at nap times to just not swaddle him...we'll see how that goes. Sometimes I think I should have not swaddled him, but I think it is a more active baby because from early on, he and I were getting enough sleep at night time. So, I will swaddle the rest of our kids...as long as they will have it :)

Andy's birthday was on the 21st. We were going to go to the canyons to roast hot dogs and make s'mores with our friends the Davey's. It didn't end up working out though. So, on the 22nd we went to the Outdoor Expo and Hires. YUM! We gots lots of freebies from the Expo. T-shirts, this awesome water bottle and these way cool wool socks called Wigwam socks! They are freakin amazing! Tonight we have an Edvalson Cousins Party with Andy's Edvalson cousins, tomorrow we have swimming with the Barnes' and FINALLY roasting hot dogs and s'mores in the canyons!

Sorry this post was SO long!

But here are my pictures. The oldest is Will, then there is Kenadie, and lastly there is Melanie. They are all with their mommies...the oldest Mom has the youngest baby, that my sis in law Becky, the middle Mom has the middle baby, that is my sis in law Cassie and lastly, the youngest Mom has the oldest baby, and that is ME!


Here is Will, Kenz and Melanie. They are SO cute. But Will looks HUGE!



1...2...3....K, Kenz, lets roll on Mel, give her a proper welcome!

3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

That's the babyfood website I've been using! I'm really only doing homemade for bananas, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots & peas. I don't mind buying the other stuff.
So we suck and haven't been walking!! It's just tooo hot! We should start up again though....

Gina - Peke Moe said...

what gorgeous pics! we developed a great sleep sack for swaddle weaning called th ePeke Moe
check it out
http://www.pekemoe.co.nz and see our FB fan page http://www.facebook.com/PekeMoe all the best!! :)

Sass said...

I have never made my own baby food, probably because I am too lazy. But I think i will definitely try it this time around.
And you have my email right.....for going private!