I changed my font at Lily Puff

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hey! I'm BACK!

It's only been like a week since I last blogged, and I am pretty sure I have been going through withdraws.

Things that have been going on at the Fraser Pad:

Tuesday and Wednesday consisted of packing, with Andy doing most of the work. As Mom Fraser so smartly put it: "When I was nursing Jody, I always felt so bad when I couldn't help clean things up. Then, I had Nikki, and I realized, I can't help, I have to nurse the baby. And I got a good 15 minutes or more of peace and quite." Yes, mom. I agree. (And I've only got one kid!)

Thursday consisted of moving our entire one bedroom apartment down three flights of stairs, over 20 steps and up one more flight of steps. (The couch went through the window. Don't worry, it was open.) Then, sleeping in our OWN room for the first time in FOUR months! It was heaven. Then, we went to visit Grandpa Ray for one last time.

Friday consisted of Andy sluffing work. (I never heard the word sluffing until I moved here. Now, I say it every chance I get. It's like the word biffed.) We attempted to unpack. It's mostly finished. We had to call maintenence because our AC leaks...all OVER our food shelves. Yeah, that doesn't make me too happy. Who wants moldy food? (It's STILL not fixed.)

Saturday consisted of picking up Jake from the airport. We sure love seeing him! I had planned to make a YUMMY zucchini casserole for Jake and Nikki. But, mom and dad's oven is out of commission. So, we went to The Magic Wok and ate yummy, yummy CHINESE food!

Sunday consisted of finishing our laundry, trying to unpack AND get to Chruch. So, we ended up sluffing Church. (See, there is that word again.) Then, we had Grandpa Ray's Viewing. He looked so good.

Monday consisted of Grandpa Ray's funeral. It was a beautiful funeral and we will really miss our Grandpa Ray.



That brings me to today...the day where EVERYTHING just went wrong.

1. I left my zucchini casserole stuff at mom's. So, I knew I had to go get that at some point.
2. I've started Will on a napping schedule. He cries for about 15 minutes, then I go in, rub his head and he's out for the next 2 hours. But, that 15 mintues is the LONGEST 15 minutes of my life!
3. The grocery store went really, really well. For once.
4. When I got home, I realized I don't have the new house key on my key ring. Nice, locked myself out.
5. The chocolate chips melted in the car.
6. Smith's called. You left your wallet. GREAT!
7. Time to go get the food from mom's before it goes bad.
8. OH! There's a TREE in the middle of the interstate.
9. Sit in rush hour traffic.
10. Realize you left your cookbook at mom's and you can't remember if the casserole has rice or not. (It doesn't)
11. Go searching for the cookbook at someone else's house.
12. Miss walking with Eden because dinner isn't done.
13. Find the recipe at Danina's house. YES!
14. COOK dinner. FINALLY. Hey, it's only 7:30. PM!
15. Try to put Will to bed. Yeah, right.
16. Check the casserole. Chicken is STILL not cooked. At it's 8:00 pm.
17. Will still crying. Andy stops studying to put will to sleep. It's 830. Dinner still isn't done.
18. Check dinner again. The heat from the oven burns your face. Run it under cold water without drowning.
19. Dinner finshed. Eat. YUM!
20 Top of the day with a slice of kalua pie from Marie's.

2 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Oh my HECK....we called about that dripping AC seriously probably 10 times. No joke. They would come and dink around and say it was fixed, but alas, it never was. LAME. I'm sorry!
Also, heard you came by with Will, sorry I was napping! :(
Also, I'd never heard of the word sluffing until I moved here either, funny.
Miss you! We need a frosty/french fry run again!

Laura said...

My mom says sluffing all the time. I grew up with that word. Sounds like your day was pretty hectic. I hate days where I feel like I'm running around all day, but never complete anything. Lot's of stuff just gets worked on, but I like to actually finish things sometimes. Motherhood!