I changed my font at Lily Puff

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One a day

So...I have broken three, yes that's right THREE of our glasses sine we have been married. In case you all forgot, we were married March 2008. Just a little over a year ago. So, pretty much I have managed to break one glass about every 6 months. The sad thing is, we have really awesome glasses. At this rate we will need to get a new set of glasses every four years. Nice. I'm sure we'll manage to break some the times we move. So, let's see here, by the time we go to medical school, we should just go ahead a toss our remaining glasses because it will be four years. Get some new ones when we get to wherever it is we are going. Then, by the time we finish med school, we'll need a new set. Then, we'll just wait until we get wherever Andy ends up doing his residency, because it will be another four years. I donno why the glass breaking always happens to me! Maybe because I am the one who usually does the dishes, and I always manage to tap the glass on the faucet. Or maybe it's just because my glasses hate me and want to die. I don't know!

In other news, we've planted the garden! This year's hot items include rosemary, lemon grass, cucumber, roma and campbell tomatoes, bush beans (and no, it's not Bush's Baked Beans) brussle sprouts, and spinach. I am hoping every thing grows. I am a little worried about the spinach. We hear it doesn't grow well in Utah climate. I really wanted to get a fruit tree, but we only have the garden plot until November :( One day, I am going to be one of those crazy lady's with long grey hair, who wears a huge sun hat and overalls, who gardens all day. Makes remidies out of the different herbs I grow and my own soaps and lotions. That's right. I'll be a medicine woman in the backwoods of North Carolina. (Andy knows all of this, he laughs. He's got another thing comin though.)

Will has started trying to roll over! I can't believe how fast he is growing! He likes to play with his kick and crawl aquarium. He makes goofy faces at himself in the little mirror. He's also getting really good at tummy time and actually enjoys it now...most times ;) He's also quite the talker. He wakes up in the morning just talking and talking away. He does that all day. I love it. I love just getting my things done (dishes and such) and listening to him talk! It is the best sound ever! We plan on going swimming lots this summer. I am a pool rat and plan to raise my children the same way.

On the menu tonight: SHRIMP Fettichini Alfredo. Yummy goodness :)

I would love some new recipes. I always like to try new things and since Will is starting to entertain himself more, I have some time to devote to trying new recipes! Let me know what you've got!

3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Haha, enjoy the shrimp!
Good job on your garden! We wanted to do one, but the thought of dragging Cam down there didn't sound fun! Maybe next summer....although by then we'll be chasing Allie around!
We've broken a ton of glasses too!!

Lani said...

I just started putting some of my favorite recipes on a blog:

ohdeliciousness.blogspot.com/

I also have links to a few other cooking blogs that I love! (in case you're interested!)

Matt got us some glasses that look like glass, but aren't and I haven't managed to break any of them yet, he got them from work... and found a good deal... I think they are called duraclear or something like that... he would know!

Nikki said...

My favorite place to find new recipes is allrecipes.com You can find recipes according to the ingred. you have on hand or do specific searches. You can sort the recipes by rank and they have great comments by other cooks. I can't wait to see Will and listen to him talk :)