I changed my font at Lily Puff

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ah, swimsuit season

Dear Post-Pregnancy Body,
I know you don't want to hear this, but I wish you would just go away. I did not enjoy trying on 12 different swimsuits on you. I miss not having stretch marks and small boobs. (which I NEVER thought I would say.) Why couldn't you just go back to normal after Will was born? Why do you make it so difficult to make me look cute? I have tried to work off the extra weight, but you keep me gravitating to the chocolates and ice cream. What's up with that? Don't you want me to look good? Don't get me wrong...I do LIKE my new curves, but help me to "lift" things up a bit, won't ya? I'm not trying to be rude, I just feel like I need to tell you these things. It is summer time after all. We want to be able to take Will swimming, don't we?

Love,
Mycah




Yeah...I tried on about 12 swimsuits today. Not the funnest thing ever. Having such joy really does come with a price tag on the self-esteem sometimes. Although it upsets me somewhat, I have decided I'll wear my stretch marks and "extra-weight" with pride. Hey, I pushed a kid out of me, ok? I deserve it. It's no easy feat. I've lost quite a bit of weight...but those 3 weeks of bed rest really allowed me to pack on the pounds...awesome. Next time I have a baby, first off, I won't be largely pregnant during the winter...I'd rather be sweating then slipping and putting myself on bed rest. Second off, since I will have one kid running around, I won't be allowed to sit on the tush quite as often. That's a good thing. Thirdly...ice cream everyday? Yeah...I'll have sherbet I suppose.

Oh, to have a post pregnancy body.

4 comments:

ed and brooke said...

You should try the Slow Churned Breyers kind. It is really great. I recommend the vanilla bean though. I've never been much of one for things in my ice cream or any flavor besides vanilla. Anyways, it's A LOT lower in fat, calories, and sugar. There is a no sugar added kind as well which is great too. Or, have you tried those Fruitful popcicles? They are all natural and have chunks of fresh fruit in them. I love them!

Nickessa said...

I've had a baby in the winter and in the summer and let me just say that I will NEVER have a summer baby again if I can help it. ;) Being 10 months pregnant in July sucked big time! Summer is the worst time to be that pregnant. The heat makes it 50 times worse, I enjoyed the winter pregnancy much better but I think Spring would be the best time to be that pregnant.

The Waters Family said...

Oh Mycah....you are funny!! I'm not looking forward to loosing the baby weight. I think it would be really hard to deal with being bigger once you've had the baby. I'm just going to want it to go away, which I know it's not that easy! You will be cute in a swimsuit...don't worry about it too much! (Easier said then done, I know!) You need to post more pictures of Will!!

The Seiuli's said...

girl i know exactly how you feel. seriously it's like ok we have these adorable things and it's awfully painful. then we have to take care of them and still look prego, come on!!! haha! this might be awful, but my grandma says it's because eve ate the fruit first. haha!