I changed my font at Lily Puff

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ER Excitement

Many of you may remember my ATV accident. If not, you can read about it here.

When I fell off the ATV, a few hours later I started having minor cramps. I didn't think anything of it though. Over time, my cramps have gotten worse and I've had some other symptoms. They are just the kind of cramps that I would take a deep breath and move on with my day. Well, my m-i-l called Andy yesterday and said we should go to the ER. Things had started to get a little worse and, well, we don't have health insurance yet. So, going to the ER, they HAVE to check you out, despite your ability to pay right away. So, we found Will a sitter (We really have GREAT neighbors) and we headed to the ER. I know, I feel like it should have been rushed as well, but it wasn't. We took our time. We even stopped at Wendy's to get some food before we got to LDS Hospital. I was seen immediately (no wait, go figure.) Of course, there were the regular tests, blood and urine. I used to really hate needles and blood. After a week straight of blood tests every four hours, needles and blood are a piece of cake. Then, I had an ultra sound. I guess now would be a good time to mention that I have an IUD in place and the thought is that it has shifted just enough to cause some issues. So, I was wheeled up to the radiology department for ultra sounds. (Yes, I felt incredibly ridiculous being wheeled around even though I could walk just fine.) I had some ultra sounds done. My IUD seems to be in place, but there is a fragment of something where it shouldn't be. The radiologist has never seen anything like that before. So, then it was time for the really, really great part. The pelvic exam. Yummmm-o! haha, according to the ER DR...every thing seems normal, so I need to go see my OB...

I know what you are all thinking, What? That's it? Everything seems normal?

Yeah, that's how I feel too. To top it off, the DR said, "You should go see your OB. We'll release you now. I'll go get your papers and have someone take that IV out of your arm. Have a nice night"

Seriously? There is some sort of funky in my uterus showing up on the ultrasound and you're saying everything SEEMS fine? Are you kidding me? I don't understand it.

Oh, and I'm not pregnant. So, that's not my problem.

2 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Oh no! I'm sooo sorry! I hope everything is okay! My dad was just in Glenwood, and he said he was surprised at the shape of the ATV...he said it must have been quite the tumble to bang the machine up (he wasn't mad, he was just concerned!!!). I really hope nothing major is wrong! Be sure to let us know what your OB says....and if you want a FREE doctor visit (cuz of your lack of insurance), don't hesitate to ask, cuz I know my dad would be more than willing.

Steve and Larae said...

Oh my goodness! Hope you're ok!! Let me know what the OB says!