I changed my font at Lily Puff

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Trip to Glenwood

Sunday night Andy and I packed up our stuff and Will and drove about 3 hours to Glenwood, UT. It's right outside of Richfield. It's a quaint little farm town to which I hope to move one day. Yes, it's true, I want to move to a farming community where the closest Wally World is about 30 minutes or more away. And don't even think about a mall, welcome to cyber shopping. I want to grow my own produce and have a few horses. Eat buffalo on a regular basis (it's just better for you). Yes, I know...you all think I am nuts. But there is nothing I love more then a little town with about 5 roads and lots open land.

That being said, we had a great adventure! Our first night there, we just chilled. "Watched" a movie, and if you know me at all, you know I fell asleep within the first 30 minutes. On Monday, we just hung out around the house. Which is a gorgeous, 100 year old farm house. We then had quite the feast. We enjoyed hotdogs on the grill, with beans, grilled zucchini, grilled corn on the cob and fresh trout on the grill. I will have to say, the trout was amazing. Becca's dad cought it just this past weekend, so it was still very fresh. I added some s&p along with some Lemon Herb seasoning and to top it off, I covered it in fresh lemon juice. Wrapped it in some foil and Grilled it. It was devine!

Tuesday, Andy, Will and I went on little adventure to Big Rock Candy Mountain. It was quite fun. We enjoyed a little hike, shared a buffalo burger at the cafe and let Will drink some water out of a straw. That was funny. He loved it.

After Big Rock, we went to the Fremont Indain Museum and Stake Park. That was the coolest place! The story is, when they were building I70, they came across these mountains/canyons and noticed caves and pictoglyphs. So, they moved the highway and did some big excavations on the area. They discovered the largest Fremont Indian settlement ever. There is so much rock art out there it is insane. It's kinda weird looking though. A lot of it looks like martians or something. Crazy. But, the Fremonts have a legend of where they come from. They come from the underworld and they have to try to get back there, there are three different degrees of the underworld and they try to make it to the best one...sound familiar? Yeah...I thought so too.

It was way neat. We have lots of pictures. I'll post them later. Andy and I want to take a little trip with just the two of us to Big Rock, we want to go on the Piute ATV trail and rafting down Lemonade Springs.

Speaking of ATV's...I totally flipped when I was riding the 4wheeler. I am ok, I have lots of bruises and I'm really sore, but I'm great! Scariest thing ever!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds like an awsome place to visit. I love seeing stuff like old villages and painting and learning the histories of other civilizations

Sass said...

that is cool. I am glad you guys had fun!! That is scary about the wheelie!! You'll have to tell me the whole story later. I am glad you weren't hurt badly!!