I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, August 14, 2009

have...wanted...must have...

Two years ago, I went to a festival in Asheville called Bele Chere. It is this really awesome street festival they have every year for a weekend. While I was there, I was wearing some cheap-o Old Navy sandals. I had had them FOREVER. Long enough, that while paroozing the streets, I discovered my heel was touching the pavement. Yuck!

So, I tossed them out right there and bought these:Best 30 bucks I ever spent. They are comfy, like walking on clouds. Good arch support. And, they keep your toesies in control.


Well, there is a downside to these...they're flip flops. Not so good for hiking and such.

Then, I discovered these:
I loooove the way they look and I looove the way they feel. They have support, and they have a strap in the back, no more slipping round the rocks. Sweet. I have just been waiting to get them.

Well, I went to REI today.

I was looking at the chacos I wanted to get, then I saw these:See, a little girl in my court wears these, and they look so cute. I thought, eh, they can't be better. So, I had been doing my research, found out they are about 10 bucks cheaper then the Chacos. So, I decided I would go to REI and check things out. At first, I didn't see them. I thought maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Then, like a beacon in the sky, I found them. (They were literally higher then me. I had to actually look up.) I asked the nice man to get me a pair to try on. I fell in love. They are THE most COMFORTABLE shoes I have ever had on my feet. The way they feel is just divine.

I must have them.

We will be going to the REI garage sale tomorrow. I will get a pair.

They will be mine. Oh yes, they will be mine.
*name that movie. If you can, we are best friends.

I wonder, have any of you ever just been SO in love with a material thing? I know, how...materialistic of me, evil...but admit it, you are too. Leave it in a comment. I want to know how many of my friends are just as shallow as I am.

6 comments:

Erika said...

I can't name the movie, BUT Justin LOVES keens. He owns a pair and wears them ALL the time. He wants me to get some so bad. I haven't yet. Just can't commit for that price. Maybe I'll try the payless versions before I go for the real deal. Let me know how they turn out!

Anonymous said...

Wayne's World. Mariel and i also love our keens and are stoked that you're gettin' some...shoes.

Kari Lynne said...

Spencer can get you a sweet discount from backcountry.com for either Chacos or Keens. Don't go to REI! I'm sure he can get them for you for cheaper.

Sass said...

"...and her name was Cassandra..."
I should probably see that movie one of these days!! Would the keens make your feet more smelly then the chacos!? More air circulation?! They both look comfy!! I really need new shoes and should just invest and get good ones!! :) I can't wait to see them!

Becky said...

I just love my chacos!! They are the most comfy I have ever had! I'm so glad you found something you really enjoy!! I have been wanting to get some chacos for about 6 years! I'm glad you don't have to wait that long! Enjoy! :)

The Seiuli's said...

My mom and dad both have a pair and they swear their lives on the comfort and support. They have had them for awhile now and we always go to Disneyland once a year and they started wearing those instead of tennishoes because some rides you get wet, so they say they are perfect. I always wear flip flops and always come back with blisters on my toes and feet. My family is going to Disneyland in Oct. We can't go, but the next time we plan a trip for it, I am definitely buying a pair of those. Haha I wrote you a novel!!!