I changed my font at Lily Puff

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Updates and a few thoughts of my own

In some BIG news here on the Fraser home front...We're MOVING! That's right. AGAIN. We have been given the great opportunity to join the Ronald McDonald Family over at the Ronald McDonald house here in SL. We will be moving Halloween Day. We are very excited!

Will is a little soldier boy...he army crawls all over this place! It's great fun!

In other thoughts...we are looking to but health insurance. Will gets kicked off medicaid when he is a year old. Andy and I just need to be looked at. What with his wrist issues and my moles that hurt...I'd say that would be a good idea, right? Yeah.

I would rather become a hermit then buy health insurance. It's a JOKE! It's like they grab you by the balls with the monthly payment and then squeeze as hard as they can with the deductible. (Sorry for the crude metaphor) But it's true. Like a family of three, going to school full time, working part time can afford payments of at least 150 bucks (and that's REALLY low) a month and a deductible of at least 1,500 bucks a month (again, that's the lowest we found). The schools policy is an even bigger joke and I don't even want to go there. Why can't insurance companies be about helping people instead of trying to make a buck? Seriously people. What about the little guy. It's not like we are complete bums. We are doing what we are supposed to and still get shat upon. Nice. Real cool.

It's easy for people who have health insurance to be against Obama's Public Option. Try being the person who can't afford the private way, and makes "too" much for the government option. Why does congress get a steal on their health insurance? Seeing as we work, and pay taxes, which pay their stinking salary...we pay for THEIR insurance and yet can't afford our own.

Looking for a health plan can just go live under a rock and DIE!

4 comments:

Larysa said...

I know what you mean about health insurance. It is such a pain!! We had to switch when we moved and found the same things that you did. Finally, we just a cheap plan that does not have great benefits, but it will cover us in an emergency.

Good luck with your move!

Erika said...

I hear ya! We were always lucky to have insurance through my teaching, but now that we're out here and I'm not working, we had to suck it up and pay for student insurance. It's not great, costs a ton (paid by our loans), but I feel it is a necessity. I know we'd qualify for Medicaid, but we feel that eventually we'll be living the lifestyle we want and can pay back our loans. However, it stinks for now.

Good luck, I wish I had better advice for you.

Laura said...

I'm sorry about the situation you're in. I really hope that you will find a solution that works.

The Seiuli's said...

I know exactly what you mean, it's so hard. The lowest I found was $199 a month with a $1000 ded and that was just for Jordan only. SCARY!!! But please check out your moles when you get a chance. I've had too many family members have "mole" situations that have turned out cancerous. Not fun! That is exciting about your move though. I hope all goes well with the move, good luck!


P.S. I haven't seen your aunt and uncle yet but when I do hi from you will be the first thing I say. Go to my friend's blog Marlee and Spencer, Bishop Gore aka your uncle :) built her the cutest cradle for her baby girl, you should check out his handy work, it's beautiful.