I changed my font at Lily Puff

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I said DOCTORRRRR, is there nothin I can take??

I love the Coconut song by Harry Nilsson. It's great!

Yesterday Andy and I went to the doctor's office. We met with the nurse and she just introduced us to the office, took family medical history, gave some vitamins to try and did lab tests. It was really exciting! So, you all know how I picked out my doctor right? Just random chance. His office answered when I called and so I made the appointment with him. WELL, we were reading the biography of Dr. Stephen Lamb, and I just about fell out of my seat. Andy's parents gave us this book when we got married. It's called "Between Husband and Wife". It's an LDS Doctors point of view on intimate relationships...we thought it was kinda funny to give us that. Guess what??

My doctor is the co-author of that book! Crazy huh? I guess I tested fate and so far, it's turned out pretty great! :)

When I was getting the blood tests done, I was doing my deep breathing, keeping my mind off the needle. I HATE needles! I pass out every time I get a shot or anything. I did good yesterday. I didn't pass out. I didn't watch though either. When the nurse was done, She had taken 5 huge vials of blood. I couldn't believe how much blood she'd taken! Now, I have this HUGE bruise on my arm. I look like I do drugs or something :( It is really big!

I go meet my famous doctor on Friday. AND we get to have a mini ultra sound done! I'm excited to see our baby for the first time :)

6 comments:

Laura said...

I read that book. That's really neat that you're doctor is the co-author. I am so happy that you're going to be able to get that ultrasound. Its so fun to see the little peanut moving around in there.
And you better get used to needles. I think they've taken my blood 4 or 5 times during my pregnancy.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad things are going so well. It sounds like you are really happy. Laura is right. By the time this baby comes, needles will be a piece of cake. Love you, sweetie.

ed and brooke said...

Thats so funny that your doctor wrote that book. I swear I have read it but I can't remember a thing from it. I'm the same way about needles. Ask them to take it in your hand next time. It is sooo much better. Drinking a ton of water an our before helps as well. I'm excited for friday for you! How fun!

The Frasers said...

It really is crazy that he's my doctor. We'll see how much I like him tomorrow. The book is funny, so hopefully he's light hearted! I'm going to have to get used to the needles cause I'm Rh Negative and I have to get a shot in about 6 weeks right in the stomach! NOT FUN!

Thank you guys so much for your support! It's really great!

ed and brooke said...

Are you in Salt Lake? You should come with me on a Saturday that you don't have to work. Zucchini bread is to die for. I cut out the oil in it in exchange for apple sauce. It makes you feel so much healthier!

The Frasers said...

ohh yum! I am in Salt Lake! I will have to see when I can get off. I usually work ever Saturday. But I think that's going to change soon!