I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, July 28, 2008

Just to catch up!

Well, I go to the doctor tomorrow! I'm nervous/excited :) I have no clue what they're gonna do! Andy's coming with me! He's taking finals right now and just has to take one this week and it was today :)

Just to catch everyone up, this week was CRAZY!!

First, the check engine light came on. We went to Auto Zone to check what it could be. It was something to do with the safety something or other. Basically, our car was saying we could go into drive without having the car on...but we couldn't. So, as we were driving home, the engine light went off. Ok...that was weird. Then the next day, I was leaving work to come home and the brakes started squealing. That's never good. I told Andy, and then he heard it as well. Thursday was Pioneer Day, so I didn't have work and Andy was out of school. He woke up early to start working on the car. He was going to change the breaks. We wanted to go see The Dark Knight (we could use our discount passes for a matinée) Andy said he'd be done by about 2. We'd be able to see a 230 show. Well, he couldn't get the bolts off the thingy to get the other thingy off..we had to take the scooter! It was fun, but let me tell you, it's much more bumpy then a car. Every time we went over a bump, it hurt my stomach. Hopefully it wasn't a bad thing to do for the baby. Friday, Andy drove me to work...on the scoot. I get off right at 6. So I told Andy "be here AT 6, please no later". He had someone from our ward come help him take the bolts off and by the time they were finished, it was already ten after 6. I called him, asked him if he'd forgotten me...he says, I'm leaving right now. I didn't forget, I just got the bolts out! I was excited! My excitement soon died when he told me there were 2 nails in one of my tires. We had to get those fixed. So, he had to take me to work again on Saturday. The car place found 2 nails and 3 screws in our 2 front tires! I have to drive through construction zones everyday to get to my second job...it's a bummer. BUT, we did get the car fixed :) it drives like a beaut now!


I have to include SOMETHING about The Dark Knight.
Let me say, it is the BEST Batman movie I have ever seen. Everything about that movie is top notch. The acting is incredible. Yeah, it was dark...but not the kind of dark lots of people were saying it is. I guess people just forget, it's a comic book movie. It's not real. But it is by far the best Batman movie there is. I don't know HOW they'll top this one with the next movie. I wonder which villain they'll have in the next movie. Penguin? Maybe the Ice Man? I never really liked that villain...he was kind of a dumb one. Who knows though. I can't wait for the next one though. We'll own the first two for sure :) Andy and I watched this show on the discovery channel. It was about whether or not the technology in Batman could be used in real life. Do you know, most of the technology can be used in real life? Even the wings? Pretty sick, huh? And they are trying to create some of the things Batman uses in his movies to be used in real life...who knows, maybe we'll one day have a real live Batman :)

1 comment:

Larysa said...

Car trouble is so annoying, but I am glad you got it all worked out! Cars are nice to have, but alot of work! Good thing you had the scooter in the mean time.

Good luck with the doctor tomorrow! Are you going to get to hear the heartbeat?