I changed my font at Lily Puff

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Ticker

So, I guess you could say I am pretty excited about having a baby! I added this "baby ticker" thing...(thanks laura) and I was looking on some of my friends who have it too. That's when I realized my cute little baby in my belly looks like an alien compared to all these pregger ladies who have cute little babies in their bellies. But, never fear, I am not that upset, cause mines just a little bit younger then the rest of you ladies. I do think it is so cool that you can track what your baby looks like, and not even have to get an ultrasound to get an idea! Andy and I are going to apply for the Baby You Baby program since I don't have health insurance. Once we do that, I'll be able to go to my first doctors' appointment :) I can't wait for that day!
The job Andy was going to do with the Medicade people didn't work out. They want him to travel, which is something he just can't do since he's in school all year long. So, we've been trying to find him a part time job that will be flexible with his schedule. I hope it's soon. With the Medicade job I was going to be able to quit one of my jobs so I can get some rest and not be so stressed out. Before Andy and I were married, actually, before he even proposed, we each listened to a CD called "How Will I know?" by S. Michael Wilcox. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you are ALREADY married. It points out things to you, which you may not realize or that you have forgotten. One of the things he says in the talk is about how being married is totally different for men and women. For men, it is this huge weight put on their shoulders. It means having to provide for a family and to be, you know, "the man". It can seem like a burden almost. For women, it is this sense of relief. There, finally, is someone who is going to take care of me! Someone to provide for me! Well, I will say, that has never meant so much to me as it does now. Andy hasn't been able to work these last two months, and it is weighing in big time. I know he wants to and he does all he can and he is so great, but I will say, I'm glad he's him and I'm me. I know we take on our own weight. But I like having someone who provides for me! my sister-in-law Meradith says that men feel most accomplished with the things the can do outside the home to provide for his family. Women feel most accomplished with the things they do IN the home to provide for the family. So, in a sense, we've switched places. And I am excited for the day when we can switch back! I'm not saying anything bad, I'm not complaining. I guess I'm just pointing out that The Proclamation to the World on the Family is true. It is right. It says all that same stuff right there. Our roles are in our nature for a reason. We are each responsible for different things, and when we have to switch those roles for any reason, it just feels funky!!

On a different note...(I'm very chatty today!!) Andy and I really love to get shows on dvd and watch them straight through. First, there was House. We watched season 1. It was great...but we don't want to buy season 2 just yet. So, Andy's sister, Becky has Planet Earth! It's that show they had on the Discovery Channel. It's so good! Last night we watched Ocean Deep. It showed all the different land and animals in the ocean. So what I was saying earlier about my baby looking like an alien of some sort, well, the funky animals that live in the ocean really to look like aliens! There are some that light up and some that use a puffer type thing and swim backwards...with NO FINS! There is this type of squid that lives in the bottom of the ocean, no it's not the giant squid, it's called Vampirus Toothus. It's the Vampire Squid from Hell. This thing is CRAZY! On it's tentacles it has these spike things. The worst part is, when it gets mad, it's eyes glow! and then it'll spread its tentacles and the tips of all of them light up too! It's so insane and if you don't believe me, google it! It's so insane! I just couldn't even believe it! Needless to say, I DO NOT think my baby looks like the Vampire Squid from Hell!

No comments: