I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, February 8, 2010

It was easier then I thought!

Since before Will turned one, I have been wondering "How on earth am I gonna wean this child?" Well, my answer came in the form of a cold. Will's cold to be exact. The poor little man got a HORRIBLE cold last week. It started on Tuesday, just a little runny nose. By Wednesday night, we had a dripping faucet of snot, two red goopy eyes and a choice to run to the InstaCare. (I've had many an eye infection, the last thing I wanted for Will was to wake up and not be able to open his eyes.) We saw the doctor, the verdict? Horrible head cold, with double eye infection and on coming ear infection! I am glad we caught it just in the nick of time. He was put on amoxicillion right away, and by Thursday evening, we had only slightly red eyes. Still had an incredibly stuffy nose though. Try feeding your child when he can not breathe out of either side of his nose. The poor guy. Now, he wants nothing to do with me. It makes me kind of sad, but at least I am not struggling to wean him!

In other news, we go to his well child check up on Wednesday. When we saw the doctor last week, he noticed Will's heart murmur, which we were told was gone...So, I have a bone or two to pick with a Dr. Colin Kelly. I am going to go ahead and request an echo to have it checked out. It should have healed on it's own by now, if not, they may have to do a small surgery. Let's pray it doesn't come to that though.

2 comments:

Larysa said...

Well, that is one way to do it. Poor little guy...I hope he feels better soon!

Nikki said...

Glad to hear the weaning went better than planned.
Definately get the echo. They didn't even discover Lee's until he was 3 yrs old, we had just switched doctors and the new one caught it. getting the echo done answered all our questions and relieved our fears. I hope it turns out to be no big deal, just like Lee's.
Love Ya