I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, January 29, 2010

I actuallly have to study again!

If any of your remember last summer, you'll remember I learned I love to garden! This summer I will get to be in charge of the big vegetable box here at RMH. I am really excited. I have big plans for the veggies I want to grow. I'll be doing tomatoes of course, and zucchini (I'm gonna cage them so they grow up and not out. We'll see if it works or not.) We'll do beans again, but I would also like to try some new items. We'll be trying garlic (we eat it with everything) and onions.

I decided to look at the U's and BYU's websites for continuing education for gardening/herb classes. I thought for sure they would have something. BYU didn't have anything, but the U did. for NINETY bucks! For a DAY class. It's not even multiple days, it's just A DAY. LAME! This year I really want to learn to grow herbs, how to store them properly, prepare them in teas and such. After extensively searching the internet, I found Universal Class. They have an All About Herbs class, and I am taking it. It's online, so I can do it when I have time. And it was only 30 bucks! I am pretty excited! It will teach me to create a container garden, so I can grow herbs all year long (my home will smell so yummy!) It also teaches you the medicinal uses of certain herbs, how to dry, prepare and store them. Everything you could possible need to know! I actually have assignments and tests and reading. I am so excited! When I am finished with this class, I would like to take the Holistic 101 class. My hubby will be the doctor and I'll be the healer. Sounds awesome, right?

1 comment:

Larysa said...

It will be great to be studying something that you love. That was smart to find a class the way you did. Good luck!