I changed my font at Lily Puff

Thursday, January 21, 2010

One day, I'll have a Library in my house



I love books. I love to read. I love the smell of books. I love the feel of books. I love to turn the pages in my hands. I love everything about books.

So, what's the deal with these "electronic books"? First there was the Kinder, then Barnes & Noble came out with the Nook. I have to be honest, I am not a fan.

1. I can't stare at a screen for as much as I read.
A. I would totally miss turning the pages! Half the fun of reading is getting to a really good part, having your fingers already on the next page, just shakin in your boots to turn it and find out what happens next! Pushing a button does not sound exciting to me.

For me, reading is like watching T.V. Except better. I love getting a book that is so great, when you are reading it, it's like watching a movie in your head. It's just amazing!
I hope I can teach my children to love reading as much as I do...and hopefully, we won't all convert to this "Nook". Let's be honest, I'd break it in a week.

Speaking of Barnes & Noble, I went there today and got a home remedies book. Hopefully it will help us get rid of our headaches without taking IBporfen all day long :P

2 comments:

Larysa said...

I am with you! There is something about the electronic things...they are convenient. However, they are not books! I love having the actually book in my hand and getting closer and closer to the end. There is nothing like it. Good luck with your headaches!

Nikki said...

We are two peas in a pod! I love reading a book, holding it, flippin the pages, the smell of a new book, love it all. Ches and I have a dream of a library in our home too. In fact we have tons of books for it, all we need now is the room...because my bedroom should not be the library :)