I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm just not one of those women

I have a wonderful family. I love Andy to death and he works so hard to provide for me and Will. Will is an amazing child. He's funny and cute and totally a mama's boy. I love it.

We are not perfect.

Sometimes, not often, I will search through different blogs of people I don't really know. I have discovered that a lot of mom's seem to brag about how perfect and amazing and problem-free their families are, everyday. Their kids are always cute and doing funny things.

They just live a perfect life.

Wouldn't that be nice?

I am just not one of those women.

Yeah, I usually see the glass half full. Usually.

I do not feel the need to shout at the rooftops about how wonderful every day is at my house. Because, being honest and real here, my house is not always wonderful every day. Sometimes I get annoyed with Will because all I really want to do is go to the bathroom by myself without either
a) waiting for Will to take a nap
or
b) listening to Will scratch and whine at the door

Sometimes, mine and Andy's common goal for the day? Going to bed before 1130 or midnight.

We don't always get along.

and sometimes we just want to be alone or have a night out with our friends

and that's okay.

we love each other more then words can describe.

That, in no way, means we are perfect.

So, when I come along those blogs, with perfect families and never-a-thing-wrong, I don't get all giddy and excited, I get annoyed and would rather listen to Will scratching and crying while I go to the bathroom. I enjoy blogs like Glamazon Mormon Mom. If you want a good laugh and you need that reassurance that, yes, it is ok that I laughed when my child fell down, you should check her out.

I love my family more then words can describe.

But, sometimes I just wanna pee and poop in peace.



3 comments:

Larysa said...

Have you ever read the Seriously So Blessed blog? She has a fantastically, ironic spin on those exact blogs you are talking about. I think she is hilarious (but of course, you have to go in with the attitude that it is a joke). She almost does it too well. :)

Becca Jane said...

Sorry I don't get on your blog as often....I forget to sign back into my old user name to read all of the private blogs!
Ooh, Allie comes and whines at the door when I go to the bathroom too! Drives me crazy!
Seriously So Blessed is a hilarious blog, I love it.
Hope things are well, we miss you around here!

Steve and Larae said...

Dang sista...you and I are totally on the same page! I hear/feel ya!! Also...I miss you guys! Sounds like we need to get together more.