I changed my font at Lily Puff

Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's been weeks since this started...

Remember how Will has been sick? Well, on Monday, we took him to the doctor and he was put on a new antibiotic, Omicef. Tuesday, he had a little bit of a rash on his chest. I thought it was just from putting Vicks on his chest at night. Wednesday, it had spread to his neck and face and his chest and stomach were both covered in little red dots. I thought for sure it was an allergic reaction to the medicine. We didn't give him his dose that morning and called the doctor...yet again! We went in that afternoon and Dr. Kelly took a look at him. Just a quick glace and said "Oh, yeah, this is the second case I have seen of this rash this week. It's not the medicine, it's called Roseola." Whooty, whatty? So, Will had roseola. If you don't know what that is, it's like the chicken pox, just not nearly as bad. I was so glad to FINALLY have a diagnosis! It explains the red, goopy eyes, the loss of appetite, the fever of 102.6. The only reason we didn't know before was because you don't know you have it until the rash occurs. Awesome. We felt sad Will wouldn't ever get the chicken pox, but I guess he got the next best thing. (We both had the chicken pox as kids, and wanted to see our little man with spots!) He's still on the antibiotic for the ear infections, but he's been in great moods and is slowly getting his appetite back!


In other really exciting news, Will is an official walker now. We didn't work with him really at all! He just started walking from couch to couch and eventually went to the chair, then the table then a few steps down the hall and now he's a walkin machine. It's sooo weird. He's an official toddler now! He's not a baby anymore :( Not only is he walking, but he is FINALLY starting to use some sign. He does "all done" and "eat" But, mostly he does "all done" we are working on "more" and "please" and "thank you". He also says "Hi, dad!" and "Hi mama" And if I put him in his chair with a snack and go to do the dishes and he is all out of snack and wants more, he says "MAAAAAM!" I love it, Mam! That's what I want my kids to call me, mama or mam! It's just SO cute!

Today is Saturday, Andy is at his MCAT class and I'm waiting to put Will down for a nap because I am tired. We stayed up and watched Braveheart(one of the greatest movies ever!), it didn't even start until stinking 9:45. So, we went to bed LATE! When Andy gets home, we are going to clean, clean, CLEAN! Then maybe go out to do something fun.

I am getting excited for Spring/Summer. It will be so fun this year! Taking Will with me to work in the garden, to the park and pool, on all our camping trips we have planned for the summer. Working here at the RMH, by the time Friday rolls around, we just want to get as far away from here as possible. We'll be getting our tent soon and we can't wait!

No comments: