I changed my font at Lily Puff

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Be prepared...you all know an outlaw!

I'm not sure if everyone read my crazy blog about me driving like a Cullen. And getting a speeding ticket for going 5 over, but it's true. It really did happen. As we all know, I paid my ticket. Didn't fight anything because, well, I just don't have it in me to fight stupidity. Over the weekend I received a letter at my in-laws house...because I still have not changed my address on my license. (Andy said I could just write it on the back...but I'm not so sure about that.) Anywho, this letter was all about my driving...and that I needed to come in for a points hearing, preferably with my parents. HA, bring my parents. Ok, let me just fly them out really quick...even though I am a married woman with a child on the way, I'll see what I can do about it. So, needless to say, I had my hearing yesterday morning at 730, Andy went with me...to be my "parent" haha kidding, they knew he is my husband. So, in 2006 I got 2 tickets on my record. They transfered over to Utah. In Georgia, if you get two tickets within a year, they automatically put a red flag on your record saying you can not get a CDL. Well, that went on my record and it shows up as a suspension. I never apploed for a CDL, I've never in my life wanted to drive a bus. I called the DMV in Georgia to find out this was about, she said they had taken it off. But it followed me to Utah. So, here I am. Sitting in this woman's office for my hearing. Looking at my driving record, which looks HORRIBLE. And she's talking about my suspension in Georgia. So I explained to her about the situation. She called the National DMV whody whaty person and asked her what they could do about getting it removed because it is probably in the national database. After this, she tells me that because of my ticket, I am over the bracket for someone under 21. But since I will be 21 in a few months, and I look like a responisble person, she thinks putting me under suspension for a month is harsh. There is no partial suspension. If she were to take away my lisence, I would be walking from 8th south and main stree to 90th south and west temple everyday for a month. Hoping I make it to my second job in 30 minutes. Plus walking to my doctors appointments...which I don't think my doctor would be too happy about me showing up dehydrated. So, they put me on a years probation. I can't get any tickets between now and next year, or they take my license away indefinately. Super huh? Needless to say, I am very, very glad I still have my license. Lesson learned: Utah has crazy strict laws about drivers under 21. You can get married, fight and die for your country, but you're going to get treated differently with driving. And don't speed on 8th south. There's coppers everywhere.

We were home around 815 and Andy said "our neighbors will think we just went to the temple" And I said "yeah, but really, your wife just got put on a years probation"

2 comments:

ed and brooke said...

That is so crazy! I got a ticket when I lived in Provo. I was in a neighborhood and was going 25 over. I just had to go to a meeting on Saturday and listen to a safe driving course. I'm glad they didn't take away your license though.

Larysa said...

I am glad that they didn't take your license away, but the whole thing is still pretty bogus, though. It was 5 over people!!! Sheez. Oh well....it will be ok, though.