I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, October 13, 2008

And here I thought we were immune...

Well, I donno if any of you are very much affected by the slowing economy, we weren't really. We were kinda glad everyone else in the world was having to do the same things we are: scrimp and save. Well, I figured since we're already poor, we wouldn't get to really feel the economic slow down.

I was wrong :(

Friday afternoon, I was laid off my afternoon job. I have been working two jobs since May because I could not find full time work. So, I just made up for it by working two part time jobs. You are looking at the newly part time unemployed Mycah. My bosses said they just couldn't afford to keep me anymore. Major big bummer.

On the brighter side of things, I still have a part time morning job, Andy is working, and we've got a little money saved up. And now I have more time to do those wifey kinds of things, like make good meals and not just cheese quesadillas or "let's go to Arby's, we have coupons" I get to make good food, which is something I love to do! I felt bad for my poor husband who one night last week said, "I would really like a real meal" (I don't want you all thinking I abandon my husband, I am just really, really tired and I don't move around as easily because I get swollen hands and feet. And I did make him so barbeque chicken with rice and veggies on Thursday) I now have more time to get my wifely things done around the house. And Andy won't have to do the Laundry all the time cause now I can get to his parents house during the week and he won't have to do it during the weekend. Another good thing is Andy has his job still, working at the Biology Department at the U, he's part time when there is school and Full time during breaks. Which means this week we won't be missing too much of our money because it's fall break and he's working 8-4 :) It is truly a blessing that this happened now and not later.

So, in the mean time, I will be hittin up Craig's list and WFC for part time jobs that are temporary, since I am 5 1/2 months pregnant...I'm not so sure about anyone who will want to hire me. Hopefully I can find something soon, cause if not, it just won't be worth it to find a job. Our plan was that I was going to keep working until I had Will and we would be saving Andy's paychecks. It's ok though, I am sure we will be able to find something that will bring in the extra cash.


On a happier note: We went to Idaho this weekend (we were able to leave earlier on Friday becuase I got home eariler) Andy's nephew Rickie was baptized and his other nephew Lee was ordained a deacon! It was really exciting! We arrived Friday night around 9ish. I learned how to make Nikki's cinnamon rolls, and they are DELICIOUS! Saturday was the baptism. It was really great. After the baptism, we all went back to Nikki's house...All of us. There was 30 of us. And that's just Andy's parents, his siblings+spouses+kids. And that's leaving out his brother Jake's family who wasn't able to come from Arizona. It was quite the mad house! After we hung out for a little bit(I caught a cat nap in all the ruckus) we went to this place called Leo's. It's like Chuck-e Cheese, but better! They have the best burgers! It's a build your own type place. Andy got a cheese burger with bacon and garlic and added a bunch of other stuff. I got a plain burger and added the good stuff! Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, mayo, katchup, mustard and jalepenos, my favorite :) Plus we had fries with, of course, fry sauce! Yum! That night we talked about the big family trip to Disney Land! I am so excited! I have NEVER been and I can't wait to go! We are going in September of 2010. I know, it's far away and we're already planning it...it's not my doing though, I'm not a planner. Needless to say, it has gotten me very excited about going! Sunday we went to Church and Lee was ordained, then we went back to Nikki's and had corned beef and cabbage. It is one of my new favorites! I ask for it everytime we go there! We got home around 9 last night and were very glad to be in our bed!

5 comments:

ed and brooke said...

That is so disappointing that you were laid off! I'm so sorry! Have you thought about applying for unemployment? If you last job laid you off, you qualify for it.

Laura said...

I'm sorry that you were laid off! I hope something will come along soon.

The Frasers said...

Thanks guys! It's no fun, but it's ok. I might be able to find something during the Holiday Season or I might start helping my sister-in-law with the kids she babysits. I donno. We'll just have to see how things go :)

Larysa said...

Sorry about your job!! maybe you will be able to find something you enjoy more, now!! Things always work out! It is a great thing that Andy is able to work, though.

Kristin Turner said...

I am sorry about your job but you seem to have the right attitude! I say, enjoy a little more rest and of course, cooking! I am sure everything will fall into place for you.