I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, August 4, 2008

Green Machine

Has anyone noticed the cost of food going UP?? One of those big bricks of cheese, you know, the 2 pounders(we eat a LOT of cheese around here) is 9 bucks? 9 stinkin bucks! That's sick. Bread is insanely ridiculous. And I've recently learned that even it contains high fructose corn syrup. With the costs of everything going up, people are going to be in even worse situations just to buy groceries. Well, I've come up with a solution. While I may not be able to fulfill it completely until Andy and I have a house, I can start when we move into our apartment. I thought at first of buying a cow. One to milk, that way I can have free milk, butter and cheese. Since I'm pretty certain anything larger then a small dog is NOT allowed in student housing, that will have to wait. But, you can rent garden spots in our court. You just sign up for them and tada! Fresh whatever you want. It's not very big, I'll probably just do some tomatoes, maybe some cucumbers and squash. We will no longer buy bread from the store. I'm going to make it. I'm going to talk Andy into buying a wheat grinder so we can make whole wheat bread and not just white bread. I know it's just small stuff right now, but one day, when we have our very own house, I'm having a BIG garden. And then it'll be ever better. It's just really depressing when you go to the store, just to buy the things you NEED and it's so dang expensive. We're all perfectly capable of at least growing our own veggies. Unless you live somewhere where the climate is no good. But seriously, I don't think anyone is happy about the cost of everything is rising. It's so not even cool.

No comments: