I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, March 18, 2011

What was I supposed to be doing?!

This pregnancy has been very different from my first. I don't know if it is because I already have one child, or what, but it is something totally new for me. Some of the biggest differences are how tired I really am, many foods do not sound appetizing to me, I can only eat very small meals at a time or I feel sick the rest of the day. Although I haven't been physically sick in about 3 weeks, I was violently ill for a while there and still get a weak stomach on a daily basis. My dreams have also been much more vivid and...CRAZY this time around.

All of those are much different, but the biggest change is my memory. I can't remember anything. My brain feels like mush. I really feel like Chef Anne Burrell has taken my brain, put it in her beloved food mill, and food milled my brain. Then, she took said brain and put it back in my skull.

Here are some examples of my loss of short term memory:

When Andy had to go to to Florida for his interview, I had to pick him up from school. He had called me earlier in the morning to tell me that he would need to go to Smith's and pick up some things for his stay and he needed to go to the UPS store to send something back to amazon.com. That was fine. So, I picked Andy up and took him to the UPS store. As we were leaving, I was pulling out of the parking lot, turning right. I should have been turning left. Andy didn't say anything. We get to the street our house is on and he says "You're turning right?" Um, yes, I am. Thanks for noticing my blinker..."Where are you going?" Why, I am going home, to drop you off and go to WinCo. "Don't you remember? I have to go to Smith's?" WHAT!? No, I didn't remember. Why didn't you say something when I turned right out of the parking lot instead of left? Of course, he thought I was going to the OTHER Smith's, which I never shop at because I don't like it. So, instead of turning to go home, I turned to go back the way I came. I was stopped at the first stop sign I came to...waiting for said stop sign to turn green.


In case you all didn't catch that, I waited for the stop SIGN to turn GREEN. I sat there for a good 5 minutes before I realized "This isn't a light...."

I should start making a list for my day. I constantly forget things at the store. I forget conversations I have had just the day before. I forget the keys to the office on a daily basis. ( Good thing I have a spare. Or my boss would hate me for calling her every time I lock myself out.)

Well, although I don't remember much, I do know Spring is coming! I am so excited for all the flowers and plants to come up! It will be a wonderful season and I plan to enjoy it with walks and days spent at the park!

No comments: