I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, December 1, 2008

28 weeks down...12 to go!


I can't believe I have been pregnant for 28 weeks already! Well, actually, I guess I can. Andy and I found out we were having a baby VERY early. I was 4 weeks when I took the first positive test, 5 weeks when I took the second and 6 weeks when I went to the clinic for a doctors test. All three times my test was positive! Obviously. Being pregnant is like nothing I have ever done in my whole life. It is amazing and baffling knowing I have an actually person inside of me. Will already has SO much personality. Here in Utah, they start playing Christmas music on November 1st. Now, normally I am a complete ANTI Christmas music before Thanksgiving person. I growl and moan every time I hear it on the radio. Well, since I have been pregnant, I have been listening to Christmas Music since November 1st. I know, it's practically a sin, but I just can't help it. I love it. And I think I love it SO much because when I listen to it, Will gets really active. He starts dancing around and he is just so much fun when the Christmas music is on :) He also loves to play with Andy. Andy and I will lay on the couch and he will tap on my belly or rub it and Will pushes back RIGHT where Andy has been tapping or rubbing. It is SO amazing. I love to see Andy's face when he feels his little dude move around. I think it is so great that Andy plays with him and talks to him. I think babies can tell who is mom and who is dad and I think it is important for them to start bonding early. I feel like I get to spend all this time with Will and it is great for Andy to feel like he gets to spend time with him too. I also finally got my glider :) Andy's sister Nikki gave us one and his other sister Cassie has been keeping it at her house. I love it. I sit in it and work on my table cloth. I want to get Will used to the rocking, that way when he is here and I rock him in it, he'll think "Hey, rocking...I know this. This is nice." haha Needless to say, we are excited to meet our little dude :)

On other News...Thanksgiving was fun! It was kinda hard for me. It was my first without my family and I was very homesick. I made it through though:) I woke up early and made some waffles with raspberry syrup. While we had breakfast, we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. My favorite part is when the Radio City Rockettes come out. They are SO amazing I think. I just love them. I got to see their show once and it was just the most awesome thing ever! While that was on, I also baked my first pie. It was pumpkin and it was yummy :) I was so nervous about it. Luckily, it turned out great and got eaten all gone. Then we went to my Aunt Lauralee's house with my cousin Kricket and her family. We had turkey sandwiches and cranberry jell-o and just hung out. We then went to Andy's Aunt Jean's house to see his grandparents. I got sucked into a game of Apples to Apples. I like Andy's Aunt Jean and her family. They kinda remind me of my famliy in the sarcasim and craziness. Then, I had another piece of pie and we left. Afterwards, we had Thanksgiving dinner with Andy's parents. It was fun. Lots of good food. We played this card game called SCUM...let me just say, it's fun, BUT it SUCKS! Basically, if you are scum, you STAY scum! It's fun though. I'll play it again one day. Andy and I ate so much food, I didn't sleep well because my stomach was in such pain. It was a pretty great holiday :)

3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Cute pic! I totally agree that babies know who is mom and who is dad. Definitely!!
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! I didn't turn on Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving, but it is my favorite part of December!! It just puts you in a good mood no matter what!

Kari Lynne said...

We need to have you over for a SCUM game. I am always scum, however, one time I did go from scum to king. That was awesome!

Larysa said...

That is so cute about how Will responds to the Christmas music and to Andy!!! And that really is a great picture of you!