I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, November 24, 2008

So let me just TELL you!

First, BYU got STOMPED on Saturday! Go Utes! It was a pretty good game. We went to our Bishop's house and got to spend time with some people in the ward and watch the game and eat lots of yummy food :)

Second, We didn't get the house cleaned...Andy did clean the tub though. I will be cleaning the rest of the house through out the week.

Third, I made meatloaf yesterday for the first time. It was delicious :) But it is SO messy and gross to make. It looks like brains or something. Andy loves it though.

Fourth, I will just say, we saw Twilight and it was AWESOME! I am not a big fan of the actress who plays Bella, BUT I am also not a big fan of Bella in the books. Weird huh? What are your thoughts? Have you seen the movie? My absolute FAVORITE character in the movie was Charlie! He was SO funny! The movie took him to a WHOLE new level. He was just hilarious! I loved it! I also liked Billy and thought Jacob was TOTALLY hot. Too bad I'm married and he's about 4 years too young for me anyways. I guess I just have a thing for Native Americans :) haha Andy loved the movie too. I kept giving him insider tips about what was going on. We are going to read the books together :) That will be so fun!

Oh, I don't know if anyone else has realized this, but I have my baby in THIRTEEN WEEKS! THIRTEEN! Can you believe that? I know I can't. I am considering hypnobirthing. I want to do Natural Childbirth and Hypnobirthing is a way of pretty much hypnotizing yourself and relaxing your mind. It is just techniques to not focus so much on the pain. I am going to do some more research on it and talk to my doctor as well. Our hospital offers a Hypnobirthing class and depending on how my doctor feels about it, I will be signing me and Andy up for it :) I have just done so much research on the effects of birth without an epidural and brith with an epidural. Heaven knows childbirth is going to be a pain! I have read that labor is much longer with an epidural, you don't tear as much without one and recovery is so much faster. I just figure, my body was meant to do this. It knows what it is doing. I feel like it will totally be a mind over matter thing for me. I'm not putting down epidurals, I just don't think they are for everyone. I have heard good and bad things about them. Either people LOVE them or they HATE them. I think it is a personal choice about what you feel best doing. What are your thoughts? If you have had children, what did you chose to do? How was your labor experience??

6 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Hey, I know we've already talked lots about this!! But I'll leave a comment anyway! :)
I think hypnobirthing sounds like a great option for you. I think you can do it, and you'll do amazing during your labor. Personally, I loved my epidural. It allowed me to rest, relax, enjoy my time with Nate and my family. I had a very pleasant birth experience and am grateful to look back on it with only happy thoughts. I will say that pushing with an epidural is VERY tough, and I know that recovery is harder, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck after I had him. So you're right...pros and cons to both. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out for ya!

Kari Lynne said...

I had a friend that did hypnobirthing and she loved it. I took Lamaze classes and loved those. The breathing techniques allowed me to give birth without an epidural. I know you can do it. I'd do it again without the epidural. I figured that I could handle the few hours of pain bring a miracle into the world. 13 weeks isn't long. That's so exciting.

Wendy said...

Okay. I loved my epidurals because I had all my children C-section. I imagine that would really hurt without an epidural. Seriously though . . . I think you can do anything you set your mind to. Give a go but just remember, you can always change your mind and DO NOT feel bad if you do. Love you sweetie.

Nickessa said...

Hey there. I saw your link on Larae's blog. Hope you don't mind that I came to visit your blog. I think it's great to go natural at first just to try it but if you want to change your mind nobody will think less of ya. My first time I went a long time without an epidural but then had to have one! What can I say, I'm a whimp I guess.

Lani said...

Hi mycah, I'm matt's wife (one of andy's old mission buddies) and I just wanted to pass on advice! I don't know if you've already read this book, but I've been told that the book called "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way" is the best book ever at helping you through childbirth. I wanted to read the book but our little guy decided to come 3 weeks early, so I didn't get around to a lot of stuff! Anyways, I was also in the hospital for about 4 days and decided to get the epidural, which was great at the time, but I ended up with some longer lasting back pain in that area since. So, if you're able I would totally recommend trying to go without it. But, I've known a few women who had epidurals with previous children and after reading that book were able to et through a natural birth! Either way best of luck... I hope it all goes smoothly for all of you!

Aubrey said...

So, I want to see some cute pictures of your prego belly!!