I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, December 15, 2008

A New Week...Finally!

I don't know about you guys, but last week was the LONGEST week ever! I thought this last week would NEVER end! It doesn't help that I have been sick, ALL WEEK LONG! I woke up on Monday with the voice of a smoker, with the cough to go along with it and a stuffy nose. So, I went to work anyways. Don't worry, I used hand sanitizer and washed my hands about every 5 minutes. When I got home from work, I totally crashed. I slept for about three hours until I had to pick up Andy from work. Then, I made some dinner...I don't remember what I made though. I think it was just soup and sandwiches. Which sounds really good right now! Anywho, I went to bed super early on Monday night, woke up Tuesday morning and decided I needed to stay home and rest. So, I didn't go into work. I had a little breakfast, a snack at lunch and then made some dinner and barely ate. I just had no appetite. For the rest of the week and actually still today, I am still coughing and blowing my nose and pretty much SICK of being sick! I've done the whole fluids and resting thing. It's just not helping. I don't know what else to do besides go to the doctor...which I am NOT a fan of at all. To top everything off, Andy has finals this week and had a 15 page paper due last week. Our house has been a MESS!

This weekend was fun though. We had our ward Christmas party on Friday! Saturday we were supposed to go to my Uncle's house, but he called and cancelled. Well, I didn't feel like cooking anything and I was HUNGRY! I suggested we just go to like Wendy's or something. Then, Andy got all sneaky on me. Saying "I know where we can go! But it's a surprise!" Where did we end up going?? RED LOBSTER!! Yummmmm-o! He took me there as an early birthday gift! My birthday isn't until next Monday. But it was so fun! We sat down and the waitress asked if we wanted anything from the bar...hello, I know I am obviously pregnant looking. Plus, I don't drink and I'm not technically 21...YET! haha

One thing that drives me nuts about being pregnant...the comments people make! Some people are just rude! The two I've been getting the most are "Ohhh, you must be having a Christmas baby!" Yeah...I'm not...thanks though. This is the most recent one I have been getting "When's that baby due?" "February 22." "OHHHHHH! WOW! You sure are BIG!" Wow! Thank you! As if I don't already FEEL large, I know other people think I AM large! It is just amazing to me what people think they can say to a pregnant woman. It's like you are free game. Oh, she's pregnant, I'm gonna touch her belly! What's up with that??! If I was skinny would you touch my belly? No, I don't think you would. I know it's amazing having a baby and people just love new babies BUT strangers is a completely different story! Needless to say...I have 10 weeks left! Then I will have a baby and people will comment on how cute he is and NOT on how large I am! Hopefully...

5 comments:

Nickessa said...

I feel your pain on the comments people give you when your pregnant. When I was 6 months along people would always ask me if I was over my due date! And I agree...its extremely rude! I also got asked if I was having twins...by multiple people. Sheesh. It's like, why can't you just leave pregnant women alone? We are sick, miserable, and huge and don't need any comments. But, your baby will be here before you know it and then those comments won't matter anymore. :)

P.S. Sorry to hear you are sick...hope you feel better soon!

Aubrey said...

We aren't going to the mission reunion! We will already be in GA! boo! Brent was really sad that he couldn't come. I would have loved to see you and your belly!

Laura said...

I'm sorry about all the comments. It stinks. I had one woman tell me I was looking "chunky." Really? because I'm a human, not salsa!
I don't know why people think that if you're pregnant, they don't need to be tactful. Pregnant women need compliments more than anyone else.

Lani said...

I totally feel your annoyance with the comments... when I was at 8 months I had some total stranger come up and say, "you look like you've got a giant watermelon in there!" I couldn't believe it... and wasn't quite sure what to say... I think I said, "yea, it's a big baby!"
I totally look forward to seeing you at the mission reunion!

Becca Jane said...

I just always wonder what people expect of a pregnant woman....for there NOT to be a belly? Next time you should be like "WHAT? I look pregnant?? And here all along I just thought I was eating too much holiday pie. Maybe there is a baby in there!!"
Well, I see you every week and you look GREAT! You are all belly, and that's a good thing!! You look healthy and your sweet baby boy is going to arrive healthy and strong....the best thing you can ask for!!