I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break: Day One

Today is the first day of Andy's Spring Break! I am so excited because not only does he have school off, but he also has work off! (They told him he wouldn't have to work, then a week later they were begging him to work. He loves us so much though, he said NO!)

We decided to start the festivities early. So, Friday, I picked Andy up from school and we went straight to Idaho Falls to visit his sister Nikki and her family! Will was a doll. He slept the entire way! I couldn't even believe it. It was so fun! One of the highlights was Kimmie wanted to take a bath with Will so they could splash each other. They were having a ton of fun, then all of the sudden, Will starts trying to get out the of tub. So, of course, I was standing in the doorway saying "No Will. You have to sit." So, he'd sit. Then try it again. Next thing I know, there is a HUGE turd in the tub and Kimmie is looking up at me saying "What do I do?" Naturally, I said "GET OUT OF THE TUB!) It wasn't the hardest of poos either. Yummmmm-o! It was a fun weekend and we were sad to leave. But we'll see them again soon!

Today, we had our first adventure. We went to Huntsville with our friends, The Thatchers, and went to a Trappist Monastary! I know, we're not Catholic, but who doesn't want to see Monks, right?

Here is a picture of the Abbey of Our Lady of the Holy Trinity:

The left door is the entrance to their gift shop. They sell honey and preserves. It's such a simple place. The Chapel (is that what you would call it?) is just as simple as the outside. (all the buildings kind of look like bomb shelters. Those Catholics gotta watch out for all those Mormons, huh?) We were able to enjoy a prayer service with them and listen to them chant (they sing their prayers) They are all men of course, and they don't have the best of voices, but you can feel that they have devoted their life to God and that is a beautiful thing. The Monks were all kind and we enjoyed it. If you ever go to Huntsville, you should visit them and buy some yummy strawberry honey :)

It is definitely much different then I was thinking. On our road, there is the Cathedral of The Madeline Catholic Church. The bells really do toll on the hour. And it is a HUGE church. Google them and you'll totally notice the difference!

Tomorrow we will have another adventure. I'll tell you all about it then!

1 comment:

Sass said...

Turd in the tub huh?! AWESOME! How sweet of William! But that is great that he slept the entire way up there!! :)
I am so excited for our trip to Idaho...m kids love it up there too & always ask us to move there!!
YAY for Spring BReak