I changed my font at Lily Puff

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blessings have been poured upon us

Leviticus 27:30 “ ‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord."

And it is true. No matter how much of a dire straight we are in, we have always managed to pay our tithing. And we are continually blessed because of it. We have always had just enough to get by. And if we have not had enough, we have family who is always willing to help us. I see the loans and grants we have received as blessings because without them, we would not be able to survive. This past year, we were able to pay off both our car and the scooter, pay off a loan we had to get one year for school. This loan acquired nearly 1300 in interest alone, in only two years. We have been able to put more money in savings then we ever have our entire lives. While we still shop the sales, still eat out only if we have a gift card or coupons, we have been blessed in our efforts. And on top of all things we have, we have been blessed with this job. We have saved so much in working for our rent. We have grown closer as a couple and a family because we are not having to worry as much about making rent, or paying our bills. We are able to go places we would never haven been able to go if we were still living in Student Housing.

This year, we plan:

-Trips to St. George
-Visiting a few Ghost Towns
-Meeting Andy's brother at the Grand Canyon to camp
-Hiking to our little hearts desires
-oh, camping to our little hearts desires
-Plant another garden this year! We'll be doing lots of herbs, onions, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, pole beans, yellow squash, and strawberries. I love gardening. It really is my favorite thing to do. Remember my dream of having a HUGE garden in my yard? Yeah, it'll happen one day. For now, I am content with my garden plot.
-Did I mention camping?
-Seeing my "not-so-little brother" graduate high school and seeing all my family.
-Spending a week in Asheville with my grandparents
-Having my mom here for 10 days
-Going to Disneyland for the first time AND for the first time as a family

We have so much planned this year, I don't know how we'll fit it all in! I am so excited we will be keeping ourselves busy! I am excited for Will to play outside and start camping at an early age. My family didn't camp very often, but I love it and I am glad we were able to get our lifetime gear so early in our lifetime!

No comments: