I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, October 2, 2009

Death Shall Not Conquer The Hero Again


Will and I went to see the Joseph Smith movie at the JSMB with Christy and Pat.

I have never cried so hard before in my life over a movie.

I am a 7th generation member of the Church. My ancestors came across the plains in search of freedom from oppression for following the Prophet Joseph Smith. Watching the Joseph Smith movie, I realized how much I TAKE for GRANTED the sacrifices which were made so that me and my family could receive the fullness of the gospel. So that me and my family could receive the ordinances to be together in this life and in the next. I am filled with a new appreciation and desire to do family history. I want to learn about my family and the things they went through for their love of the gospel and family.

Yesterday, Andy's grandma gave him a sheet of paper with his line of priesthood authority. Andy is a descendant of Heber C. Kimball, one of the first 12 apostles of The Church. There were only two original apostles who stayed in the Church. The other was the Prophet Brigham Young. My family crossed the plains. My Great-Great-Great-Great Grandpa Jake Workman lived catty-corner from Heber C. Kimball. (It's true, Andy and I do make a great pair! haha) I have a grandma who died in Navoo.

I love this true gosple of Jesus Christ. I love my Prophet Joseph Smith for bringing the fullness of the gosple to the earth again, for never, ever giving up on that truth and for dying so that I might have the gospel today. I love my family and my ancestors for living this gosple and sharing it with me. I love my Savior and for his sacrifice in Gethsemane and on the cross. I know the Book of Mormon is true and it speaks to me of the love of my Heavenly Father and Brother, Jesus Christ. I hope I am living up to the legacy I was left and I will strive to do so each day.

1 comment:

Becca Jane said...

Great post, Mycah! I need to go see that movie again.