I changed my font at Lily Puff

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Stubborn Scotsman of a Son!

So, I guess I should just point out, our last name is Fraser. Andy's ancestors are Scotsmen. As some of you may know, Scots are stubborn as oxen!

My son is no exception to this rule.

He has decided he no longer likes to sleep in his cradle. Instead he wants to sleep on my or Andy's chest, or not sleep at all. But don't even think of putting him down, you better hold him. Yesterday morning I just couldn't hold him. I HAD to shower. He cried for an hour and half, STRAIGHT! The past two nights he has cried to much that I have taken him out to the living room and we have slept on the sofa. He sleeps like an angel when he's with either one of us. I don't know what to do about this new development. I have been keeping a crying journal and I'll show it to his doctor when we go on Thursday...I have also started getting Will on a schedule. It would work a lot better if I could just get him to sleep in his own bed though.

I miss sleeping in my bed! The sofa is not that great!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry! Have you tried swaddling him? Charlotte hated to be swaddled when we first brought her home, but then one day she just decided that she wanted to be swaddled to sleep. She cried for three hours because I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Sorry if you weren't looking for advice. I know unwanted advice can be annoying sometimes.

The Frasers said...

I am going to try it. I tried it last night, but he hated it...he was also just going nuts!

Thanks for the advice! I need all the help I can get!