I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, March 6, 2009

I love my family!

Since we got to bring Will home from the hospital, Andy and I have grown so much closer. I never thought we could love someone as much as we love Will. He has us wrapped around his little finger. Everyday, when Andy gets home, he plays with Will and just loves on him. And everyday all I can do is say "Ugh! You are SO cute!" I know I might be biased, but I have the cutest husband and son ever! The first week we were home from the hospital, we got a letter in the mail from my grandpa. I am very, very close to my grandparents and love them more then anything. None of you have met my grandpa, but he's quite the talker. He likes to give advice and tell all sorts of stories. Usually, one can tell when he's gettin ready to start up, and we always tease him about it. But, I love it. Well, in his letter he testified of the importance of Family Home Evening. Andy and I have never really been ones to do FHE, but it really changed Andy. Now, every week, we do something for FHE. And we even make sure Will is there with us, even if he is only sleeping. I've noticed that since we stared doing FHE, we have been closer. We actually comunicate with each other. I am so grateful for that. Last Friday, for our date, we rented The Cronicals of Narnia Prince Caspian. Let me just say....SUCH a GREAT movie! I love the Narina movies, but I have NEVER read the books. Well, Andy and I were talking about how it would be fun to read those books together. We always talk about reading books together...but Andy doesn't want to read Twilight. haha So, I went to the library and got the first two books. The Magicians Nephew and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Every night we read a chapter, and we have Will there with us, even if he's just sleeping. I love that we are spening more quaility time together. We have always spent lots of time together, but now it's not just watching tv.

I really have a great family and I am so grateful to my grandpa for sending us that letter and opening our eyes. If you aren't doing FHE, make a goal to do it. It's worth it.

3 comments:

Larysa said...

That is so impressive! You are doing so much together that there is no way that you could not be close. It is so awesome!!!

Sass said...

Awwww... that is so great!!

Laura said...

I have a very strong testimony of FHE. Adam used to give me a hard time about how I always insisted on doing it when it was just the two of us at home and we were together every night. He now loves FHE as much as I do. It really does strengthen the family because you talk about things you wouldn't necessarily talk about otherwise. What a blessing to have such a devoted grandfather and husband!