I changed my font at Lily Puff

Thursday, September 25, 2008

PETA

At our house we only have basic cable. This means we have 12 channels, 2 are Spanish, one is KBYU, one is KUED and the rest are like Fox, NBC, ABC, you know, the basics. Well, consequently, this means we watch a lot of news. I don't think it's a bad thing though. We usually watch FOX 13 News, just because I think the best shows come on that channel. We have the good shows like House and Chef Ramsey's Kitchen Disaters, then the News, the Seinfeild comes on after the news. Last night was a little different though. Instead of watching FOX 13 News, we watched Channel 2 News.

I'm telling you this, because, well, I donno that it is really so important, just some background information.

As we were watching the News last night, I was laying on the sofa, and I had my feet in Andy's lap. (He rubs them for me most nights, seeing as they've already started to swell somewhat) So, anyways, they did this clip about PETA. I'm sure you all know what PETA is, the animal rights organization. Well, PETA has gone to Ben and Jerry's, the Ice Cream Company and offered them an alternative to using cow's milk in their ice cream products.

Can anyone guess what that alternative is??

Soy?

No...

Imitation milk?

No...

Human Breast Milk?

YES!!!

PETA says Ben and Jerry's should start using breast milk in their ice cream because it is better for you, and easier on the animals.

Now, I'll be the first to say, I am against the way animals are treated in mass farms, such as beef farms, dairy farms, poultry farms, ect. I will also be the first to say that I LIKE, no no, I LOVE meat. I love chicken, I love beef, and I really, really love COW'S milk. I drink about a gallon and a half of milk per week, just myself. Now, I think the way cow's are milked is not right. They are hooked up to painful machines and milked constantly throughout the day. Is that going to stop me from drinking milk? No. I know that a cow is an animal. It is not a human. Do I know exactly how any animal feels about anything? No, I have never spoken to an animal and had it speak back to me.

Now, is breast milk better for you? For a grown person, I'm not so sure it's better for you or worse for you. I, myself have never drinken breast milk. I do know that if a woman is lactating it is because she has had a CHILD. A little human being who DEPENDS on her for survival. If breast milk is BETTER for you, why would PETA want to take that away from a BABY?? Would they rather have mothers feed their children formula, where we may end up in a crisis like China, where the formula has been CONTAMINTED with a deadly chemical? Can you just imagine walking into a Ben and Jerry's factory to see women sitting on stools, while the breast milk is being pumped from them? Where on Earth does that make any sense? If we were in a milk crisis like China, where lactating mothers are feeding other women's children because those mothers did not breast feed.

I feel so strongly that this is not only wrong, but completely stupid proposal, because I am soon going to be breast feeding my child. And I do not want to take away from my child so I can give milk to Ben and Jerry's. I know that animals were put here for a purpose, and that purpose is to be a food and source of energy for US, mankind. I do not think it's right to abuse these animals in the process and something needs to be done about it, but I really, really do not think it is right to even propose that a nursing mother take the place of an animal...which was put on this earth for that reason.

So of course I was ranting and raving at the tele about how just absolutely NUTS I think this is, and the baby started kicking like crazy! I have felt movement for sometime now, but it's always just been subtle. Last night it was full on boxing time! It was the greatest feeling in the world.

and when it happened I said, "Ohhh! The baby is kicking like crazy! It thinks this is a stupid idea too!"

As of tomorrow, we will no longer call our baby "it". We will know if "it" is a he or a she tomorrow!!!!!! We are so excited! I can't wait to go SHOPPING!!

2 comments:

Mandee Monson said...

Mycah, We totally agree with you on this! And we just want you to know how much we love reading your posts. It is like a favorite column of a newspaper. You should think about being a writer by the way. your posts are very entertaining. Mandee knows how you feel with the pregnancy stuff. It is hard but just think about how nice it will be after you have had the baby! Let us know what you are having, when you find out tomorrow. Tell Andy hi.

The Frasers said...

BRANDON! I'm glad you guys enjoy reading my blog! I enjoy writing it! I actually would love to be a writer some day! Last night Andy said he was going to enter into a writing contest at school and the first thing I said was, What?? I want to do it. He said I couldn't cause I do not go to the U, so I said I would just write his for him. haha

But I really, really love writing! It is a great outlet for me.

Pregnancy is definitely harder then I thought it would be. I am enjoying it most of the time though.

I hope things are going well for you guys! We will have to get together soon :)