I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, September 15, 2008

Caution:

I DRIVE LIKE A CULLEN!

That's what my new bumper sticker is going to say. I was driving to work last Tuesday. For those of you who live in the Salt Lake area, I'm sure you know you're way around Sunnyside Ave aka 800 South. Well, I live on that road. And I also work on that road. Well, it's pretty much all hill. I mean, I swear there is this one part where the incline is like 90 degrees. Like I said, I was driving to work last Tuesday, going with the flow of traffic. When I look in my rear view and see the po po behind me. Whatever, no big deal. I wasn't doing anything wrong.


SIKE!!!

The light turns green and I start to go, well the copper turns on his lights. Super. Just amazing. So, I pull over. Completely confused. I roll my window down. The only thing he says to me is "I clocked you going 5 over. I need to see your license." So, I'm shaking cause I'm scared, I thought maybe my plates were expired or something. I give him my license and he leaves me there freaking out. 5 over? I've never heard of such a ticket before! He comes back, gives me the ticket, says I have 2 weeks to pay, that I can go to traffic school if I don't want the points, and then, this is the part that makes me mad, he says "Have a nice day!" PSHHH, yeah, ok, why don't YOU have a nice day! I was going WITH traffic, and down a freaking hill. The speed limit on that road is freaking ridiculous anyways. There are speed traps everwhere. It starts out at 35, then as soon as you start going down the hills, it drops down to 30. So you're pushing your breaks pretty much the whole time.

If this was Georgia, I would have never gotten a ticket for 5 miles over the limit. Isn't there like a cushion or something, especially on a hill?

So to top it off, I checked to see if my ticket had posted online so I could pay it, and it has. Guess how much?? 82 BUCKS!!! 82 stinking dollars. That's like a whole days worth of pay!

I did use the Disney credit card though. I'm sure that racked up a TON of points!


So, needless to say, I'm going into the bumper sticker business and creating stickers that say- "Caution! I drive like a Cullen!"

1 comment:

Sass said...

AWESOME!
I drive like a Cullen! BRILLIANT! I HAVe finished the book BTW, a miracle I know! It was good, I was happy that Nessie and dog didn't have to run away! And I seriously still have Edward and Bella on the brain! We'll have to chat about it later!! :)