I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, September 12, 2008

Celebrate! Celebrate!

Andy got a new job today!! It's really good cause I'm still going to be working my jobs and we'll just be putting his paychecks into savings...for when we have the baby and we don't know what we're gonna do with ourselves! He is going to be working for the Biology department at school. It cuts his study time by like 2/3's. I'll just have to make sure he does his studying! I am really excited about it! We're gonna go to Hires to celebrate! They have the BEST hamburgers and fries anywhere. And delicious frysauce! YUMMMM!

Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of September 11th. Usually I always remember. Yesterday it was like any other day. I just wrote down the date and I was like "ohhhhh, it's 9/11" It's become kind of an omen. You know? Like Pearl Harbor. I went the whole day without even really thinking about it. I've never done that before. I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday...I mean, it was yesterday, but not the actual event. But I remember, I was in 8th grade and it was the year my mom drove me to school cause I was getting made fun of on the bus. My mom was running late and I was sitting on our coffee table watching Fox 5 News and I was just staring at the first building on fire. I called my mom into the living room and told her to come watch and we were both sitting on the coffee table starring at the tv when the 2nd plane flew into the second building. My mom was in complete shock. she kept saying "this can't just be an accident. It just can't be" I didn't really understand what was going on, but I was smart enough to know something bad was happening. We drove to school and listened to it on the radio. When I got to school I walked into my English class and my teacher started getting mad because I was late. Then I said "You might want to turn on the news, two planes just crashed into the World Trade Centers" The shock on my teachers face was unforgettable. As soon as she turned on the tv, our Princepal came on and announced for all the teachers to turn on their tv's. Kids checked out of school, I had a lot of friends who had family that worked in the Towers. It was the most terrifying day of my life. To be attacked like that, just because of our freedoms? I don't understand that. I guess if you believe something strong enough, you'll do what you think is right. Whether it is or not.

Like I said, I didn't really think about it all that much yesterday. That is, until I got in the car and on the radio they were playing songs and they had people who were affected by the attack talking on the songs, you know what I mean? And I just started crying. How could I be so forgetful? How could I forget and not take just a moment to remember all those people who died, who will die? I am very ashamed of myself.

We watched the special they had on the History Channel. It was really great.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I miss fry sauce!

On a more serious note, I didn't realize it was 9/11 until I wrote a check. I was already at school when it happened...sitting in chorus. I didn't even know what the world trade center was before that!