I changed my font at Lily Puff

Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a Sweet Spirit

Last night Andy and I had the opportunity to go tot he Jordan River Temple with my grandparents and do the endowment and sealing for my grama's Grandparents and her daddy. My Grama is a 1st generation LDS, and it was so amazing to do the work for people so close to us. My Grampa stood in as my Great-Great Grandpa Corchel Caldwell Mullis, SR. My Grama stood in as my Great-Great Grandma, Hattie Elizabeth, Andy stood in for my PawPaw, Corchel Caldwell Mullis, JR and I stood in for my Great-Great-Great Aunt Thelma Elizabeth (she died when she was about 4 months old). This past St. Patrick's Day was the 11th Anniversary of my PawPaw's death. It was so amazing, you could just feel their Spirits in the room, rejoicing with us. Such a nice thing to be able to do with my Grandparents. Afterward, we went to Texas Roadhouse, talk about YUM! I got a steak, baked potato and ceaser salad. Andy got a rack of ribs, steak, sweet potato(YUCK) and veggies....it's very rare that we get to go out to eat, let alone by some steaks!

We left Will with our good neighbors, the Thatcher's. They took SUCH good care of him! He fell asleep over there at around 10, we picked hm up around 11, and I took him out of his swaddle, took off his clothes so he was just in a onesie, RE-swaddled him, and he didn't wake up ONCE! He then slept until about 3, ate...and only took at 10 minutes, slept again until about 7, ate, again only took like 10 minutes, then him and Andy slept on the sofa until TEN! 12 hours! I couldn't believe it! Needless to say, Andy was LATE LATE LATE to school...but oh well. He didn't get to see Will at all yesterday and I think it's more important for them to bond then for Andy to be on time to school.

Tonight we are going to my cousin Kricket's house for a mini-family reunion and baby shower...since we never got to do our shower with them because Will came early. I am so excited!

2 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Sounds like a great experience at the temple. Eternal families are so amazing.
Can't wait to see what fun stuff you get at the shower!!

Sass said...

Ohh good. I am glad you guys were able to get out & have a great time. And what a bonus that Will was in such great hands! :)
and 12 hours, that is so awesome! Will is getting older & hopefully he will start eating less and less at night. Its a lot easier when they are older and you just feed them for a few minutes and then its back to bed! Have lots of fun at your shower!!