I changed my font at Lily Puff

Friday, April 24, 2009

So, once in a blue moon...

I think that's about how often I've been writing in this thing! I know, I'm horrible. And I must apologize to Kara for being a SLACKER! Sorry! I do love you!

Just to update everyone about what has been going on here, life has been great! Will is getting SO big! (I'll post pictures later) He laughs, smiles, and LOVES to hit things! We have this little gym thing for him, it's got fish that hang so he can hit them with his hands and a ball at his feet so he can kick it! It's so cute! He just giggles and coos every time he plays it. He's started sleeping an average of 11 hours a night, only waking up once. I owe it all to The Happiest Baby on the Block and Dr. Karp's method. If you are going to have a baby, read it. NOW! The weather has been great here, so we have been playing outside everyday. Will loves to be outside. One day last week, it was too cold to be outside, but I wanted to get some fresh air, so I took Will with me to check the mail, when we came back inside, he was SO mad. I am glad that he enjoys being outside though.

Our good friends the Davey's are leaving us and moving across the country to New Hampshire. We will miss them so much! Andy is going to drive with Brandon on Wednesday, leaving Will and I to fend for ourselves! (only kidding, we're gonna stay with Andy's mom) I am not quite ready to stay by myself at night. I know, what a sissy huh? It's ok though, my grandma bought me a sewing machine and while Andy is gone, I'm gonna make some curtains for our living room.

Andy has started working weekends at Rio Tinto stadium for the Real Salt Lake Soccer Team, working for the box office. He really likes it. Also, as the nice weather has started showing up, we got the scooter out! We love our Scoot and I can't wait to take it for a spin...too bad it is going to be raining all weekend :(

Andy's been preparing for the MCAT and I will be honest...I can NOT wait for it to be OVER!

In about 4 weeks, Will is going to have a new cousin! Little Kenz! We are so excited for Cass to have her baby! It'll be so fun! Even if his new cousin is a girl :P

I have been nursing Will since we brought him home from the hospital. As most of you know, it's not been a cake walk for us. I've been exercising a lot lately, and I didn't realize that pushing myself too hard could be drastic for my milk supply. I noticed that Will was getting really fussy and he was always pulling away when it was time to eat, so I decided to give him a bottle and pump, to see how much I could get. I barely got an ounce. So, I have started taking Fenugreek (Thanks Meghan!) I've only been taking it for one day, but Will hasn't gotten annoyed with eating yet today, let's hope he keeps it up and I can too.

Sorry I've been such a slacker. I promise I will post pictures of Will soon :)

6 comments:

ed and brooke said...

The MCAT is only the beginning of a long long road. Wait till Andy starts applying to medical school... he'll have to write tons of essays, pay tons of fees to each school, and then buy plane tickets to fly clear across the country and interview. It is a nightmare! Medical school is crazy as well. Ed is really good about studying at home and doing a ton with me. One of Ed's friends is at school from 7 am to 5 pm, comes home to eat dinner, and then goes back to school until midnight to continue studying. He can't study at home because of their kids and the noise they make. Could you imagine? What a nightmare. Anyways, I wish Andy nothing but the best on his MCAT. It is sucha big deal. It really determines which school he can get into and where he can even apply. I hope you're surviving it as well! Trust me, I know your pain.

Laura said...

So glad to hear an update from you guys. It sounds like you're doing well. I second everything Brooke has said about medical school! I'm lucky to have a husband who manages to study at home often, but even with that it is still rough sometimes.

Gina Shumway said...

What is fenugreek? Was your milk not coming because of exercising too much? Sorry if those questions are too personal. I'm just in a pediatric nursing class and babies fascinate me. Not to mention I'm starting to stack up as much knowledge as I can for when I decide to be a mother.

The Frasers said...

Hey Brooke, Which school is Ed going to? What kinda doctor does he want to be? Andy's looking into going to a D.O school and There are two in AZ.

Laura, I only hope Andy will be able to study at home, he already works and is at school WAY too much! It's like being a single mom almost :P

Gina, Fenugreek is an herb which can help increase your milk supply. I think my milk went down because I was exercising too much...but that's just what I think. I didn't talk to a doctor, just my sister in law Meradith who is a doula and is going to midwifery school. Babies are fascinating though, especially your own babies :)

Steve and Larae said...

Glad to hear that you guys are doing good! Slacker!! JK...kids come first. ;)

Nickessa said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well - I wish I would've known you were exercising I could've told you about the losing your milk supply part. I feel bad about that - I'm sorry, that can be frustrating. Hopefully all is well in that department soon. :)