I changed my font at Lily Puff

Thursday, February 12, 2009

To Moms of Little Boys

Today Will was circumcised. I now officially commend all moms of little boys. It was the saddest thing in the world to watch. And I firmly believe it is something only a mom could go through with her son. I think Dads would literally HURT if they had to watch it. It is like a bad car accident, you want to turn away, you know you should...but you just can't. I donno HOW they did it in Biblical times. Will was given a local anesthetic, and he still cried until he was purple.

While boys turn into men and have it pretty easy in adult life, I would rather give birth 800 times then have to be circumcised.

Poor little boys.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Aw, poor little guy! It's hard to watch your kids go through any kind of pain.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

OHHHHH how sad, Matt and I already don't want to have to go through that. I pray for all girls! Thanks for having us over the other night it was nice hanging out with you guys again! LOVE YA

The Frasers said...

Yeah, but it was worth it. Plus, I am enjoying the major cuddle time Will wants. :) haha

Larysa said...

That sounds so sad!! I bet it would be hard to watch your tiny baby be in any sort of pain!

Johansen Family said...

My husband went with my boys when they got circumcised. My doctor did it at the hospital the day after I had them. I was glad that I couldn't go!

Sass said...

Seriously like a car wreck & you can't look away! I didn't want to watch a needle going into my boys yankee-doodle-dandy.....but there it is imprinted on my mind!! Ugggg it is the worst.....next boy I have, he is getting it done in the hospital!! I think its definetly better that way!

Noelle said...

So sad!!! At least he doesn't have to do it as a 12 year old or anything like that....