I changed my font at Lily Puff

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fun in Bryce


This past weekend, we spent time camping and being with family. This is Will with his two cute cousins, Kenadie and Melanie. They spent a lot of time together playing in Uncle Steve's truck bed.

Our family spent two days exploring Bryce Canyon National Park. This is Natural Bridge. It's not really a natural bridge, because there is no water that flows under it. It's an arch, like you would find in Arches. But, then again...Bryce Canyon isn't a real canyon.

This is a tree that is growing on the Navajo Loop Trail. It has no branches until it reaches the top of the slot canyon, and then it has branches a leaves. It was such a sight to behold. We did this hike. It was so fun. And even being pregnant, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We did end up stopping about every 20 feet so I wouldn't run out of breath or start getting cramps.


This is our cute family (all FOUR of us!) at the entrance to Bryce Canyon. It was May 30 and the high was 45. It was pretty chilly and super windy. We came home with dry skin and wind burn.

Here is Will playing on a bench at one of the stops. This was the day is was super cold. The cliff off the side of the points are unforgiving. I was a nervous wreck anytime Will would go to the fence. With my vivid Mommy Imagination, it was not a pretty sight. But, this sweet face is just amazing!


We really enjoyed our last hoorah here in Utah. It was great to be able to take a break from life and just hang out with our family, while seeing some of the beauty Utah has to offer. Our camp site was at my brother-inlaw's cabin. In the middle of no where! And I loved it! It's totally my kind of spot! Andy, Will and I loved spending days together, uninterrupted from the phones, or tv, or computer! We are sad to be leaving Utah and our families. We are excited for this new journey in our lives and look forward to whatever The Lord has in store for us!

1 comment:

Sass said...

I am glad it was your kind of spot- we'll have to go again....someday.