I changed my font at Lily Puff

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Join Me!

I'm not usually one for New Year's Resolutions...but I do like to set goals. I usually have the typical goals, work out more, eat healthier, help others, self-improvement...yada, yada.

As you all know, I love to read. I am a goodreads member. They are doing a "Goodreads reading Challenge for 2011". Basically, you commit to read a certain number of books for the year of 2011. I love goodreads. It's a great tool to find new books and talk with others about novels you read when you don't have time to join a book club. This year I committed to read 24 books. That's 2 a month. Can I do it? You bet. Will I love it? You bet. The question is...Can I keep my house clean and child entertained at the same time? Probably. I have already read one this year. "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" and it was great! I love history, so this was a perfect fit for me.

Reading is fundamental...but it's also just fun!

1 comment:

Becca Jane said...

SOO obsessed with Goodreads, I'm on it all the time! I set a hefty goal of 45 books, but I like to throw lots of quick, easy, light reads into my mix. Chick lit in between the more serious stuff. I think I'm going to read 'Little Women' next because I just finished 3 easy books.