I changed my font at Lily Puff

Monday, April 19, 2010

It only took 6 months...

and we FINALLY have callings! Yes, that's right. We hung under the radar for 6 months before getting called in our new ward as Family History Consultants. CRAZY! I was totally not expecting that calling! I am super excited about it though. For our wedding, my Aunt Maureen and Uncle Jack gave us a Book of Remembrance. She is the family history person on the Workman side of the family. She has gotten family history done down through about the late 1300's. My grandma is a convert and we don't have a lot of history on her family, so I am excited to head down to the Family History Library downtown (I'll walk since it's SO close!) and find information on the Mullis side of the family. I also can't wait to learn more about Andy's family. His side of the family is a little bit easier because he comes from two long lines of Saints. Lucky dog! I have always been really interested in history in general. And I know this is something I am supposed to be doing!

Will is a crazy little bugger. He is running all over the place and getting into everything. Yesterday was such a gorgeous day, after nap and Church, we played outside and all he wanted was to play in the dirt and carry rocks around! Such a little boy. I love it.

In other news, I have lost 15 pounds! That's right! I did it! I am now at a reasonable weight that I am not so intimidated by saying, I need to loose 25 pounds! Talk about scary! I have developed a habit of choosing good foods and it is really sticking. When I eat junk, I get a tummy ache. I learned over the last three weeks that I LOVE CARBS! I just LOVE bread and pasta. Oh, yum! I got a new recipe for Honey Banana Bread and I can't wait to try it!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay for your new callings! That sounds like such a great one for you guys. Congrats on the total weight loss ~ just in time to look amazing in summer clothes.
Love Ya

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

COngrats on your new callings thats awesome I hope we can fly under the radar in our new ward for that long. I doubt it since our bishop is our old realtor and friend! Anyway also congrats on the 15 pounds you are lookin HOT and you do that couch to 5k you'll be in heaven! I wish I could do it with you but I am happy I am having a cute little girl instead. I love ya thanks for all you do and by the way I HATE that your blog doesn't have a URL so it doesn't let me know when you update it! BOO