I changed my font at Lily Puff

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Doctor's Update :)

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. Let's just say, it was A LOT of work walking around after being on bed rest for a week. My sister-in-law Becky took me to the doctor since it was the first day of school for Andy. Well, when we got there, for SOME reason all my appointments had been canceled! The girls at the front then asked if it would be alright if I came back on a different day this week...Uh, No. That's not ok. I've been in the hospital all week and I'm on bed rest now. Dr. Lamb wants to see me, I promise.

So, they fit me in :)

Doctor Lamb came in the room and we talked for a little. We listened to Will's heart beat, which was good and strong, as always. My doctor keeps saying "This baby is doing great! It's just your uterus!" Maybe this is just as much baby as my body can handle or something. After that we talked about my medicine I am on. It stops working after 35 weeks. Why that is, I am not sure, so, I have another week of taking that medicine and when I go in next week, we will have a clearer picture of what is going on. He didn't check if I had dilated more, just because sometimes it can induce contractions, and we don't want that right now. So next week, we'll do all the checking and everything. Once I get off the medicine, I'll be on bed rest still, and my doctor is hoping bed rest will make me last until the end of the month!

So, in a nut shell, Will is gonna have to cook until the end of the month! Then he can come out!!

3 comments:

ed and brooke said...

What medication are you on? I'm glad that you're doing better!

Becca Jane said...

I'm so happy to hear that Will is healthy!! Always the best news to hear, right? I really wish I could be more helpful to you right now!! Please know my thoughts have been with you guys constantly! Crazy that my baby will be here in just about 2 days!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Good I am glad you had a good doctors appointment I have been worried about you. How is your bed treating you?